News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

ShipValue not working in VM 1.1.5 and J1.5.20?

Started by cbreninger, July 30, 2010, 02:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbreninger

Hi All,

I am in a crunch to make this work, but I seem to be going in circles. Can anyone tell me if there is a problem with ShipValue working in VM 1.1.5 and
J 1.5.20?

I have legacy mode turned on.
I am working in a subfolder of my original site. I have reconfigured the path and I can see the backend of Joomla and VM correctly.

In Admin/Configuraton/Shipping - I have "Shipping based on order totals" checked
In Admin/Configuration/Checkout - the 4 steps are checked and the checkout bar enabled
In Store/Shipping Module List - #8 Ship Value has the following values set up

Order total value   shipping charge
#1 25.00            4.95
#2 50.00            7.95
#3 100.00           9.95
#4 150.00           11.95
#5 200.00           13.95
#6 300.00           15.95
#7 10000.00         17.95

There is a suggestion in some posts that there should be a zero dollar amount as the last entry, but I am not sure if that is necessary? I have tried both ways, with and without.

Shipvalue.cfg.php says it is writable.

If I understand correctly, using this module, I do not need to configure any Shipper or Shipping rates. Please correct me if this is not right.

When I go to checkout I can choose product and get cart. I can get choice for shipping address, but on "Next" (Shipping Methods)the cart disappears.

I cannot figure out what I am not doing correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

fordiy

Be aware of the setting of Minimum Amount for Free Shipping in the Store Information. Cannot be ZERO if you want to charge by value.

You should set a greater number first.