News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

My UPS Shipping Charges seem to be quite off

Started by Paladin Brewer, February 25, 2009, 22:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Brewer

Hello,

I got the UPS module (came with VirtueMart, I don't know if there is an update perhaps?) working, but I had a feeling the fee was off, so I did a comparison. The product is very light, I have it as like half an ounce on my Virtuemart (a football card). Virtue Mart shows UPS Ground as 13.33 for a short delivery (3 hour drive by car).

I went to the UPS site and did a Calculate time and cost. I guess for them everything 1 lb and less is the same cost, but they only show the cost as 7.08.

I understand the UPS module does an estimate more or less, but this is almost double the price UPS is giving me.

Is there perhaps something wrong with my mod, or am I doing something wrong? Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

lowmips

put your shop in debug mode, grab the XML request and replies, and see what exactly is being sent and received.

if you decide to post the XML here...remember to remove your username/password from the XML =)

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Paladin Brewer

Hmm....now UPS.com is matching the prices from the UPS mod. I must have done something wrong on the site the first time, I don't know. 13.33 seems expensive to me for UPS Ground on 1 lb package that isn't leaving the state, but since UPS's site confirms it I guess it's good to go. Better get the USPS mod to work then to cut down prices heh

lefcakis

what did you do to get the prices to be corrct?  I am having this issue now... 

mowlman

I think you also need to make sure to have weight filled in on your products.

Also there is a checkbox option in the backend for UPSv2 for Declare product Length/Width/Height for shipping estimates.

This seems to help us get closer to the proper price for our closet rods that are over 5 ft in length.

-mowlman