Author Topic: [Solved] Problem with product categories  (Read 3278 times)

rb

• Advanced
Re: Problem with product categories
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 21:04:28 pm »
The only "double links" I see is where you have a Joomla Article with the same name as a VirtueMart Category - the names are the same, but the links are different.

I see "Boroscópio" as a VM Category (category_id=17) and "Boroscópios" (with an S on the end) as the menu name of your VirtueMart "front page".  It looks like you have a Joomla menu item named "Boroscópio" - find that by looking through your Menu Manager and change the name to something like "Shop". 

vidonov

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 21:25:54 pm »
Couldn't find it in none of the menus.

I found the VM menu, "Boroscópios" linking to category ID 17, as you said. I changed his name to "Boroscope". Is it of any help?

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 21:37:37 pm »
Change that Joomla menu item: make the name "Shop", and instead of Category ID 17, remove the Category ID altogether, and assign it a page of shop.index

vidonov

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 15:21:00 pm »
All right, I did it. Now I have a page that supposed to be the top of the tree, "Produtos", listing the three main categories.

Guess we are getting closer ;D

vidonov

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 17:00:00 pm »
All right, guess I solved part of the problem from there. How you said earlier, I changed the "Boroscopios" into a top tree category, "Produtos", linking it to the virtuemart shop.index.

Then I changed all the menu main that were articles into virtuemart itens, linking them to its respective categories. Then I created a new menu item to "Boroscopios". Then I send all the "Produtos"'s articles to the trash can.

Since that:
- The breadcrumbs are less messed up. The intruder category disappear although the reapeting itens still there.
- I figure out the reapeting itens follow this logic:
Home>Main Menu Cat>Product>Virtuemart Cat (repeating cat: is the same name as main menu cat)

What I need to do but I need some guidance:
- The repeating categorys stop appearing.
- Edit the Category descriptions. Despite editing Virtuemart category's description, the pages are generated automatically and the pics are bigger than the page.

I don't have the examples liks here coz I did it all in localhost.

vidonov

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 19:17:58 pm »
This thread solved the duplicating itens: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=471&t=355354&start=0

I used the snippio's codo to achieve a solution.

And changing the size of the categories small images solved the categories pages issue.

Thanks for the help rb!