News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Email confirmation says TEST MODE, but site is NOT in test mode

Started by phudack, June 18, 2010, 04:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phudack

I recently set up my store to accept credit cards thru Authorize.net. I got my API login ID as well as my transaction key and everything worked great.  I ran some transactions with test credit card numbers and had no issues.  So I went and switched the TEST setting from YES to NO.  So now my site is all set to accept credit cards, but when I tested the CC module again today the confirmation email arrived with "************* TEST MODE *************" written across the top. I went and checked my config again TEST mode is definitely set to NO. So why does it say test mode at the top of the confirmation email?

Is it because I am using a test credit card number?   I haven't had a customer use the credit card option yet (they'vel all opted for paypal so far) but I'm nervous that ************* TEST MODE ************* will be on the email receipt of the first customer that uses the credit card option.

Not sure what to do here....why does it say test mode if test mode is turned off?  Any help would be appreciated!

VM 1.1.4 running on Joomla! 1.5.13

richsung

From Authorize.net's developer faq:

QuoteWhy am I receiving a transaction ID value of zero?This response indicates that the payment gateway account is in Test Mode. There are three indicators that an account is in Test Mode:

Has the test mode been turned off in the merchant interface?

The other thing to try is run a real credit card (your own). You can then void the transaction in the merchant interface, so no charge will show up on the credit card related to this testing.

--Rich