Author Topic: [SOLVED] - Product Images - Unable to move file error  (Read 748 times)

Asphyx

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 8
[SOLVED] - Product Images - Unable to move file error
« on: June 12, 2010, 07:03:30 am »
Hi folks,
I know this is not a bug in Virtumart as it WAS working perfectly...
But now when I try to change the product images I get an error "unable to move file"
I checked permissions of those folders and all seems fine, even dared to chmod 777 and tried that still no joy...

Has anyone run into this before and point me in the right direction?


jenkinhill

  • UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 27457
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Product Images - Unable to move file error
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 11:50:42 am »
If it was working properly and you did not change anything then ask your host what they changed.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

Asphyx

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: Product Images - Unable to move file error
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 16:10:00 pm »
Thanks Jenkin,
but I have already been able to rule them out because I have another site on the same server that does not have this issue.

The only difference between the two is I did install a new template in the one that is no longer working but I was able to change images right after I installed it.

I was hoping you knew what generated the can't move error so I could follow the code backwards and see what the hell I did to break it.

I'm gonna try going back to the default template and see if the problem goes away.

Asphyx

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: [SOLVED] - Product Images - Unable to move file error
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 17:30:55 pm »
Thanks for your help Jenks,
Found my issue...

I somehow removed the setting for resized width and that caused the move error. I guess GD lib was trying to resize to no width and that sparked the error...

Not knowing I did that I also messed up my file permissions for the folder trying to get it to work...

All is fixed!