News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Not Sending Shopper to Paypal!

Started by MKeyes, June 03, 2010, 18:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKeyes

I have my VirtueMart store completely set up! Everything - I believe - is as it should be, all boxes ticked that should be.

Paypal is setup with my IPN - which is enabled

Customer went in, tried to make a purchase, and was NEVER taken to Paypal to pay!

Why not? What is wrong that this person is not being taken to paypal to complete their transaction - so that my listener/URL notifier can update the order to confirmed and thus - release their download.

What step is possibly missing that it's not taking them to paypal? And yes, in payment methods, paypal IS CHECKED or selected, or enabled - however I should say it.

I need to further add - that when I get notified of the attempted purchase - at the bottom of the Purchase order - under "Payment Information" it says, "Cash on delivery" - what's up with that?

MKeyes

Okay, due to time limitations, had to figure this out for myself with the help of a friend! What stops the buyer or shopper from being taken to paypal is in the Checkout tab of configurations.

If you find you have this problem this is what to do!

In configurations of VirtueMart - NOT - Joomla! But the store, click on the Checkout tab - UNCHECK the first two selections which are...

Please select a shipping address! UnCHECK THAT should be empty if you are doing downloads.

Next to uncheck... Please select a shipping method! UnCHECK that! You aren't shipping anything.

To the right of each of them, delete the 1 & the 2 and put 0

Down below, put 1 by Please select payment method
           put 2 by Please review the provided data and confirm the order.

Make sure the above box IS CHECKED with says... Enable the Checkout Bar.

That's it... if all else is correct - then you should be set!

stinga

Shouldn't need to set IPN in PP, VM sends the IPN return address or notify url.
Shipping address should not make any difference, we do downloads mainly but also ship data on disks if required.
We need shipping method, in our case the shipping method is download/zero cost.

You probably didn't have a shipping method setup.

BTW: 40 minutes is not a long time to wait on a forum for a reply.

Glad you got it sorted.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4