Author Topic: customers details seen by others! help!!  (Read 1191 times)

weddingfavours

• Beginner
customers details seen by others! help!!
« on: May 30, 2010, 17:52:24 pm »
Hi.

When my site "cache" is enabled and someone places an order, the details of that order can be seen by my next customer... this is obviously very worrying!

Does anyone know how I can resolve this? (besides turning off the cache).

Also, does anyone know of any great components which would speed up my virtuemart? also, I am using a sitemap generator but google doesn't seem to index all my pages ((about 13 and there are 151 pages there).. anyone any ideas as to how i'd resolve this?

I appreciate any help and if there's anyone out there kind enough to help me out then I am more than willing to pay for help which would solve all my issues!

Thanks

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: customers details seen by others! help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 18:52:25 pm »
If details of the previous cutomer can be seen that suggests to me that you are not using normal registration on VirtueMart? I assume you have tested this using different computers to avoid local caching?

Without using a sitemap or SEF urls all sites will be indexed by Google, but you have to give it time. The number & quality of incoming links to your site is propbably the most important part of getting all pages indexed.

As for speed, sites can be slowed down when using SEF components, having categories with too many products, not optimising images, being on a slow shared server and so on. The next version of VirtueMart should also show speed improvements.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.8.4.10335 on Joomla 3.9.19 PHP 7.3.18