News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypal_api)

Started by TechGuy1, May 27, 2010, 22:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechGuy1

Hello All

I just installed the Paypal pro module. I entered my API info and when I check out I get..

Error: Error - Paypal did not complete the transaction. Please try again in a little while.

Does anyone know why? or at least know if it is a VM issue or PP isue?

Thanks in advance!
Brad

WebWeaver

I'm having the exact same problem on my site:

www.solsticeglass.com

I had installed the previous version of this plugin in early February and it has been capturing most transactions.  But it came to my attention that maybe as many as 5% of the transactions weren't being processed even when tried a couple different times.

I just installed the latest version of the plugin and now am getting the same error as TechGuy1:

Error: Error - Paypal did not complete the transaction. Please try again in a little while.

This is only intermittent and appears to not happen when orders are processed through the Paypal button...only intermittently when paying direct with a credit card. 

My site is live and is my primary means of income.  I have no other options for payment processing at this time so any quick help would be very much appreciated.

gina

There is an error in the tax amount calculation that can cause this.
In a couple of places I changed:
$taxamt = $amt - $order_totals['item_total'] - $shippingamt;
to:
$taxamt = round($amt - ($order_totals['item_total'] + $shippingamt),2);

Q-collective

Same issue as in the first two posts. It seems to be a bug in Virtuemart as the issue was caused by making an order before making an account. After the order was remade when logged in, the error disappeared and the transaction went fine.

4lane

Was there any resolution to this problem? I'm having the exact same problem as the others.

zanardi

@4lane:
can you restate exactly the error you are getting? With all steps necessary to reproduce it?
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

patrickmark

i have this same:

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/digital4/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 491

Notice: Undefined index: ppex_token in /home/digital4/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal_api.php on line 345

Notice: Undefined index: ppex_userdata in /home/digital4/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal_api.php on line 347

Stefanos

Hi, I work on a digital download store, tested the ps_paypal_api module with sandbox and works great except that the download purchases cannot get auto-confirmed,
so I thought that this might be an issue of the sandbox once it is for testing, and turned it to the proper setup using the API Username/API Password/Signature as generated by the paypal account.
The paypal account type is "Premier"/Verified (no Websites Payments Pro), and works great for years. Does it need to be Business or even needing to have "Websites Payments Pro"?

I made a product with 1 euro cost and entered real credit info to proceed to checkout.
I get the following errors:

my ps_paypal_api is the only payment method enabled. Setup:

Payment method type:
Use Payment Processor (also tried "Credit Card" / could this be the problem ? does it only work using "HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)" ? need an asnwer to this one please)

Accepted Credit Card Types:
Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover Card

Enable Direct Payment?: No
Sandbox Mode?: No
Show PayPal Errors: No

If I try with a sligtly different number than the real one I entered I do get:
Error: The Credit Card Number entered is not valid.

I have adminsitrator directory password protected, tried disabling this with no luck.
No SSL for now, also the site is in joomla/offline mode (could this be the issue ?)

with same settings, sandbox worked excellent...
any help appreciated..
cheers

zanardi

Quote from: patrickmark on February 25, 2011, 03:48:29 AM
Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/digital4/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 491

Notice: Undefined index: ppex_token in /home/digital4/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal_api.php on line 345

Notice: Undefined index: ppex_userdata in /home/digital4/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal_api.php on line 347

@patrickmark:
"DEPRECATED" and "NOTICE" will be surely fixed, thank you.
About the PayPal error, what option do you use for "User Registration Type"? Normal, Silent, Optional, No account?
--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

zanardi

Quote from: Stefanos on February 25, 2011, 05:15:10 AM
The paypal account type is "Premier"/Verified (no Websites Payments Pro), and works great for years. Does it need to be Business or even needing to have "Websites Payments Pro"?

Not sure about this. PayPal API does in fact implement Website Payment Pro methods, i don't know if these methods are only available to certain PayPal account types. You'd better ask to PayPal support.

Quote from: Stefanos on February 25, 2011, 05:15:10 AM
Payment method type:
Use Payment Processor (also tried "Credit Card" / could this be the problem ? does it only work using "HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)" ? need an asnwer to this one please)

"Use Payment Processor" is the right one. "HTML-Form based" is NOT right.

with same settings, sandbox worked excellent...

This really suggests that your PayPal account type could be the culprit. Try to solve the first question with PayPal support, or try with a different PayPal account if this is possible.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

Stefanos

hi zanardi, thanks for the answers, I appreciate.

I spent many hours on this and finally found out the explanations which are in no way related to the plugin. A good start was the different error messages giving error codes, which exist for checking on this page:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_errorcodes

example this one:
Invalid Configuration
This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.
Occurs when you have not agreed to the billing agreement.

..well, this appears when your paypal account does not have "website payments pro" activated, and costs 30 usd (per month):
https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/wp_pro

there is no other way to avoid taking the user to the paypal site to complete the transaction, only the above.

In fact, as I think paypal express checkout vs the old one don't have any difference to me except little changes to the page the user gets taken once they both accept credit card without a paypal account, so there is no point !

// Edit
most of people's errors get solved by something very silly/obvious.. clearing cache/cookies and restart browser after changes in the api/sandbox....

EdgeCrafter

Quote from: zanardi on February 25, 2011, 18:14:50 PM
Quote from: patrickmark on February 25, 2011, 03:48:29 AM

@patrickmark:
"DEPRECATED" and "NOTICE" will be surely fixed, thank you.
About the PayPal error, what option do you use for "User Registration Type"? Normal, Silent, Optional, No account?

I had the depreceated/notice problem with a joomla template bought from joomla-monster.com

My findings:
php 5.3.X might give some problems with deprecated warning and notices.

Permanent resolution:
Researching this error it seems the code fix is to "switch out eregi() and ereg_replace with preg_match() and preg_replace()"

I got an update for my template, but virtuemart throws a lot of these warnings for php 5.3.x, so I used the workaround below;

Workaround:
Turn of PHP generated warnings via custom php.ini file, code below

error_reporting = E_ALL & ^(E_DEPRECATED|E_NOTICE)

I found out my webhost Dreamhost supports easy setup for a custom php.ini file for 5.3+ but your webhost may differ.

zanardi

If anyone of you would like to test, a BETA version of 1.1.8 package is available at http://dev.virtuemart.net/issues/308, that should remove those "Deprecated" and "Notice" issues. Thank you.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

khancock

I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster, did anyone ever find a solution for this? I'm not receiving the deprecation or php warnings that others have mentioned.

HDG