News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What next, once I have a PayPal Pro account?

Started by ayo, May 20, 2010, 23:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayo

Hi All,

I've been at this all afternoon, and need to present this to my client in a few days, and just can't seem to fill in the holes.  I am totally new to e-commerce, so maybe there is something obvious that I just don't get. 

I have a Joomla site and installed Virtuemart.  I've set up the PayPal email address, and think I understand how to configure Virtuemart. 

Here are my questions:

1. I am thinking a PayPal Pro account will work best for us, however, Virtuemart doesn't show on their list of ready-to-go shopping carts.  What do I need to do to get VM and PPPro to work together?  Is this going to be a real headache?

2. Does PPPro supply code for the frontend form for filling out the credit card #, exp. date, etc? 

I am just not grasping what I need to do once I sign up for a PPPro account...

Thanks so much for any assistance.

John Goodwin

Just for the benefit of anyone reading this in the future, and because posts often go unanswered in these forums:
First, this is just based on my experience.
I found -
There's no PP Pro payment method included with the standard VM install.
PayPal doesn't give you code for shopping carts.
There are paid addons to VM which enable PayPal Pro.
At least one of the paid add ons became free, and may be OK, but it depends on what country you're in, apparently, as to whether they work or not.
I'm attaching a free PayPal Pro payment module I found somewhere, that's supposed to work with VM 1.1. and in the U.S. (and Canada too (eh)). Assuming that since its free, and I found it as an attachment, that's fine to do.

Lots of luck with Virtuemart....

John

[attachment cleanup by admin]