Author Topic: Category displays only 1 product REPEATEDLY  (Read 1038 times)

Zoira

• Beginner
Category displays only 1 product REPEATEDLY
« on: May 05, 2010, 16:36:02 pm »
Category is displaying only 1 product from that category but displaying it repeatedly.

Ex:  I have 8 products under 1 category, on the front end the page displays 8 store items but all the same product.

This is happening for ALL categories and the product that displays is often random - either products from another category OR one of the first products from the category.

"Sort" fields give the same results - it will resort by alpha, price, etc - but fills all product summaries/descriptions with the same product.

Everything has been fine - this happened all of a sudden - can anyone tell me where to look and for what to determine what may be causing the issue and how to correct it?

I am *not* a programmer but have access to one - I just need a good starting point.

Anyone out there with ideas to help out a VM uber-dork?
z

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Category displays only 1 product REPEATEDLY
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 20:49:05 pm »
Try turning off the Joomla cache. It is is Joomla configuration/system/Cache Settings.
Although this does not actually fit with something that suddenly happens it has been known to cause a problem like you describe.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.8 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM .3.6.0.10075 on Joomla 3.9.8

Zoira

• Beginner
Re: Category displays only 1 product REPEATEDLY
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 22:37:25 pm »
Thanks, K - that did the trick.

Login module doesn't work now but that's been an easy fix in the past.

I appreciate the help.
z