Author Topic: Error: You do not have permission to access the requested module.  (Read 3705 times)

yaani

I have Virtuemart installed in a few sites but I am having a problem with just one site.

I created a user account for storeadmin access through the front end.

The user has Joomla publisher permissions & Virtuemart storeadmin permissions. This works just fine with a couple of other sites but for some reason it does not work with this site. When they login & click on the Admin link in the mod_virtuemart module in hte front end I get this error

Error: You do not have permission to access the requested module.

If I log into the front end using the SuperAdmin login I do do get the error & can access the store admin through the front end.

I have looked at the Virtuemart user tables in phpMyAdmin & can't figure out why the account with the storeadmin permissions can't access it through the front end.

If I log in with that account through the backend & go to Components>Virtuemart I get the same error at the top of the page but I can look at the Orders reports that I gave that login permissions to view.

Can anyone help me with this? It seems like it is a bug? 

yaani

Re: Error: You do not have permission to access the requested module.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:39:54 am »
I think I solved the problem!

I logged in as the SuperAdmin.
I went to Components>Virtuemart.
I went to Admin>List Modules.
I gave the storeadmin permissions to the store module.

Previously I had only given the storeadmin permissions to hte Orders & Reports module because Ion;y wnated them to have access to those modules but apparently they also need access to the Store module or they can't login to the front end admin.

I didn't want this particular user to have access to the store settings (only the reports) but I guess there is no way to give them access to the front end admin without giving them access to the store module?

I hope this helps any others that may be having the same problem.

sasdu

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:52:49 am »
Helped me a ton!  Thanks!

wdsjpk

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 23:28:21 pm »
Hi

I have the same error (Error: You do not have permission to access the requested module.) but as a normal shopper.

Registration is not required in order to shop. It has worked before. I did make 1 change in the permissions when I started having this error. I have reverted this change but the error does not go away.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jay