Author Topic: Stay on same page when add-to-cart clicked  (Read 15862 times)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Re: Stay on same page when add-to-cart clicked
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 21:36:08 pm »
Not too sure myself on that.

steveorg

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 18:36:35 pm »
I couldn't find a reason for the light box not working so I tested several Slimbox based plugins. The first that I found that worked is Thickbox. All I needed to do was enable the plugin. Code changes were unnecessary. Actually using the existing code was better than using the plugin syntax because the plugin syntax doesn't have variables to set the thumbnail size or extra text such as "View Full-Size Image".

I came across this note on the Slimbox site:
I don’t recommend using square brackets “[ ]” around group names in the rel attribute like the original Lightbox script does because these characters are invalid for XHTML and XML attributes, meaning that your web page would not validate against the latest standards.
VM produces code like rel="lightbox[product30]" so as per the above recommendation I removed [product30].

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 23:14:42 pm »
Sweet. So all is well now?

steveorg

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 04:20:21 am »
Thanks for asking Forrest. :) The best that I can say is that I'm getting there. I still have a couple of other issues.

The first is the added difficulty of my apparently simple, but complex to implement shipping policy. The policy is $1.99 flat rate for under $30 and free for larger orders for standard shipping within the U.S. That part is easy. However, adding expedited shipping and international shipments isn't straightforward. International will probably be simple to handle with the Metaship module. However the expedited shipments seems more complicated. I'm not going to sweat that for now since standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail which usually delivers in 1-3 days. However, feel free to offer any suggestions.

My other issue is this message on checkout: Error: "You do not have permission to access the requested module." It seems to be a module permissions issue, which means that I probably mucked around with default permissions when I didn't have to. I'll do a fresh VM install on another Joomla instance and compare. Hopefully that will identify the problem.

Then all I have to do is put together a couple of easy pages, sit back and just watch the big bucks flow in. Oh sweet early retirement, I can smell you now. ;D ;)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 04:29:54 am »
Not sure on the first one... but your second issue... ya... it is a module permission.

Mess with the Checkout module permissions. Likewise, you shouldn't have to do a new install. Just compare with the VM demo online. Login with admin.

steveorg

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 04:52:27 am »
Good idea on the VM demo, but unfortunately it doesn't allow access to the configuration page. The VM test install will be easy enough since I have a couple of Joomla sites without VM.

clunky

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 18:56:12 pm »
Hi steveorg
Are you still working on this?
I am trying to do something very similar but have now got stuck and could do with a hand please?
I have got my products all listed out on a page nicely but there are conflicts as I am using attributes and the now the quantity boxes for each attribute will not work. I get $ is not defined errors when I click add to cart which is from the sleight.js file.
If you can shed any light on how you built up your page to show the products it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

:-)

steveorg

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 15:27:47 pm »
Hi Clunky,

I haven't touched it since it started working so the details are a little stale in my memory. Beyond what you see in this thread, my only other change is to the minicart file to eliminate the "Recover Saved Cart" message and to add my "Check Out Now" button. Perhaps some of your issues are connected to using custom attributes, not just standard attributes?

In any case, try using native VM functionality to create working form code, and then copy that code to use on your page. If you know all of the necessary IDs you can use one instance as a template, but if necessary create and copy the code for every button.

Good luck!!

clunky

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 16:48:22 pm »
nice one many thanks :-)

henrygg5

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 23:50:05 pm »
Hello steveorg can you help me with my site, I have to solve the same situation, but I read your post but don`t undestad what you did? did you change some programming? please help me, I need to configure when the client click add to cart stays in the same page but add the product to the shoping cart, thanks for your help

henrygg5

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 18:36:40 pm »
Hello, can you send me the code to automatically return to the previous page, please, I need the same system and I don`t know how to configure my page to add the products to the cart and stays in the same page, please help me!!!!!

steveorg

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 18:33:05 pm »
henrygg5 - When I created this thread I didn't understand the function of the ajax cart. If I had, this thread would not exist. With the ajax cart, the user never leaves the page. My changes were pretty much cosmetic. To use the ajax cart enable it in the configuration and add the module as needed. It's been a long time since I worked on this, so I don't remember any of the details. I hope this helps.