News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Australia BSB transfer (Direct Deposit)

Started by thenudger, November 27, 2009, 00:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenudger

A lot of people who have been visiting our virtuemart store have requested to do a direct bank deposit. Is there a solution for this as I have been looking around for a while with no success. The store is based in Australia so I don't know if there would be a currency conversion in the process or not?

hotelathome

I dont know if you have a solution for this or not, but i use direct bank transfer as a payment option and this is how i did it.
go to the backend, go to store and add payment method. Call it pay by direct bank transfer (or what ever wording you like)
tick "active"
name "pay via direct bank deposit
code "po"
tick "address only/payment on delivery"
then go to the configuration tab at the top and type in:

Bank Details:
Account Name: My Store Name
BSB:013-333
Account Number: 4514 212345
PLEASE USE YOUR INVOICE NUMBER AS A REFERENCE SO THAT WE CAN CONFIRM YOUR PAYMENT

this will show at check out and if the customer goes back into their accounts the bank details will show.
You still have to change the order information in the back end.
When I get an order that wants to pay via this method, I send them a message changing the order from pending to confirmed, just saying that their order will be shipped when their payment has cleared our accounts.
I just keep an eye on my bank accounts and when the payment arrives, change the order from confirmed to paid, then let the customer know their payment has cleared...you know the rest.
hope this helps

johk

Thanks for the tip,

But how do you get the account information to show up in the order email sent to the client?
The account information is displayed on the account detail hen logging in to website but not in the email.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

j

smitha.i21

Quote from: hotelathome on December 06, 2009, 23:58:06 PM
I dont know if you have a solution for this or not, but i use direct bank transfer as a payment option and this is how i did it.
go to the backend, go to store and add payment method. Call it pay by direct bank transfer (or what ever wording you like)
tick "active"
name "pay via direct bank deposit
code "po"
tick "address only/payment on delivery"
then go to the configuration tab at the top and type in:

Bank Details:
PLEASE USE YOUR INVOICE NUMBER AS A REFERENCE SO THAT WE CAN CONFIRM YOUR PAYMENT

this will show at check out and if the customer goes back into their accounts the bank details will show.
You still have to change the order information in the back end.
When I get an order that wants to pay via this method, I send them a message changing the order from pending to confirmed, just saying that their order will be shipped when their payment has cleared our accounts.
I just keep an eye on my bank accounts and when the payment arrives, change the order from confirmed to paid, then let the customer know their payment has cleared...you know the rest.
hope this helps

Hi

This was great and really helped. BUT I really prefer for the bank details to be shown when a customer selects the payment option. i.e

* Pay Pal

* Direct Deposit

Is there any way this could be made possible? I hope so!

Any help would be much apprecaited. Thanks