Main Menu

Can't get Paypal to work...

Started by troykristoffer, March 26, 2010, 07:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troykristoffer

So I've setup the included Paypal module in this way:
- Payment Class: ps_paypal
- Method type: Use Payment Processor

When I place an order on my site, everything seems to work properly. It asks for my credit card, it validates it (I put in the wrong one, and it told me it was wrong)

It tells me that my order was successful...

But I don't get any transactions in my paypal account.

I'm pretty sure this is NOT the correct way to use this module, but this is the only way I can get the PayPal module to "work", even if it's just in appearance.

When I try to configure the module to work like I think it's supposed to be used (Redirect to Paypal.com's payment page, a la Express Checkout) but don't enable any other paypal modules, it skips the whole choose payment/shipping page altogether and shows me the "review order" page, where clicking on Submit results in a "Choose Shipping method" error.

Long story short:
1. I want to accept Credit Cards directly on my site, without the payment process being redirected to Paypal, and without buying a commercial module to do it. I cannot get any of the existing payment modules to work with Paypal Website Payments Pro :(

I did read the sticky post at the top of this forum "PayPal Set Up for VirtueMart 1.1" , but it doesn't really apply here, from what I can tell.

HELP!
(Thanks!)

stinga

G'day,

What version of VM and what paypal or paypal pro.

Can you also post your 'Payment Extra info'.

If just PayPal then you want to use 'Payment method type' = html form based, if that is what you are looking for.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

troykristoffer

Thanks for responding  ;D

Sorry, I'm using the latest of everything. Joomla 1.5.15, VM 1.1.4.

Scratch what I said before. I'm still trying to process the cards right on my website. I don't want them to be redirected to Paypal's site to pay, but I realized what I was doing wrong.
Paypal's how-to website was confusing me and now I think I'm on the right track, but now it's giving me an error when I make an order.

I've now configured the Payflow_pro module to use the Payflow credentials Paypal gives me...but the payment fails with the following error:
QuoteError: Field format error. Invalid information entered. See RESPMSG.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (payflow_pro)

I contacted Paypal Technical Support about this today, and they told me that because Virtuemart is contacting Paypal successfully, that the my Payflow API Credentials are working, but the information Virtuemart is sending to Paypal, is formatted wrong. They asked me to send them a copy of the code being presented to PayPal so they can check it for errors, and said to ask Virtuemart staff how to find this code.

Payment Extra Info:
Nothing - I have no idea what to put in here. After reading many things, I was under the impression that this is only used when redirecting users to Paypal's website to pay, not when processing on my site.

Here are my other settings:
Active: Yes
Method name: Credit Card
Code: PFP
Method type: Use Payment Processor (I have also tried this as "Credit Card") but it's exactly the same behavior)
Accepted Cards: (All Checked)
Shopper Group: Standard Customer
Discount: 0.00
Discount type: Total
Max Discount: 0.00
Min Discount: 0.00
List order: 0

Configuration:
Test mode?: No
VeriSign Partner ID: Paypal
Merchant/Vendor Login: (What Paypal gives me.)
Username: (Same exact thing as previous field)
Password: (the key Paypal gave me)
Request/Capture code: Yes
Successful Status: Pending
Failed Trans Status: Payment Failed

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!  ;D

contactmaster3190

Hi Troy,

Did you get an answer to this? I'm working on this as well and having same problem. Finally got my orders to say successful, but Payflow Pro is not registering any payments received, etc.

The only thing I might be missing is that I might need to get the "key" for the password field. I was using this as my login password. Is this incorrect?

Hope you are coming across some answers, let me know what you find out.
Jennifer

troykristoffer

I didn't get an answer no, (which is usually the case on this forum...) but I may still be able to help you.

The password field is not your PayPal password. You're right you'd need an API key. I was never able to get Payflow to work even with the correct credentials, because I couldn't find the correct HTML to put in the Extra Info field. PayPal customer service was nice, but not very helpful.

I am accepting payments now though, exactly how I wanted. Here's what I've done to get my site working.

Go here and download the FREE Paypal Website Payments Pro US plugin (assuming you're in the US. Use the UK one if needed.)
Paypal Plugin

Follow the instructions here, but skip steps 1 through 6... These are only for old versions of Virtuemart. Start at "How to install in Virtuemart".

While following these steps, you'll need your Website Payment Pro API credentials... (NOT Payflow Pro credentials) You can find them by:
1. Logging into your PayPal account.
2. Click "Profile"
3. Under "Account Information" click "Request API credentials."
4. Choose Link #2 ( Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions ) under Option 1 - Paypal API Credentials. Again, NOT PayFlow.
5. Click "View API certificate" under option 2.
6. You may be asked to setup credentials, but they're likely already there. Just copy and paste these into your PayPal plugin as per the instructions.

Hope this helps!
-Troy

geocentricdesign

The site in the above post is down it seems. Is there another link to download the file and view the instructions?

doribeeler

I believe this extension is now a Commercial one only, which would be a potential reason why the site is down. Having looked at the commercial version it seems to have the solutions suggested in previous posts.

However, like many forum users here, I am more frustrated with the lack of replies to posts on this forum than the fact that I'm having trouble getting the payment method to work. If the module is part of the original VM package and there is a post that documents exactly how it should be set up then why does it not work? And why does no one reply to the posts for help?

I would be just as happy with someone saying, the provided module does not work, go here and find the solution through a commercial provider. At least then I would no longer waste my time scouring these forums and other solutions that lead nowhere...

vikkyspy

have problem regarding paypal account
fallow me