Author Topic: product with 0 USD price and no shipping adress  (Read 1262 times)

Newbie01

• Beginner
product with 0 USD price and no shipping adress
« on: April 26, 2010, 15:18:13 pm »
Hello
I'd like to use Virtuemart  with  registered customers who don't pay what they buy with the website (they pay one per month).

So :

(1) All prices are 0 USD (or 0 EUR). I did some little tests, so I know it's possible.
(2) Customer's purchase  validation doesn't include delivery address and credit card number.

Does Virtuemart manages well the second point?
Thank you in advance (and please excuse my poor english).

Newbie01

richsung

Re: product with 0 USD price and no shipping adress
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 15:36:45 pm »
Are you looking to allow customers to buy from the web site without actually paying for each transaction, but instead pay once a month...

Why not set up a payment option called "Pay on Account", which is actually the "Cash on Delivery" shipping module (ps_cashondel.php)? That way, you get to keep track of what they're buying through the month in the order management, and you can charge them pretty easily for all unpaid orders at the end of each month.

Newbie01

• Beginner
Re: product with 0 USD price and no shipping adress
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 15:55:17 pm »
Hi,
Thank's for the quick answer.

Btw, they are only 4 or five well-known and registerd customers. They don't want to provide on-line payment information, but they'll pay "directly" once a week.

So, following your indications, I'll build a simple Joomla+Virtuemart to see if it's convenient for these requirements.

Again,
Thank you very much,
Newbie01