News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paypal checkout login window refreshes back to login

Started by chkdsk, March 22, 2010, 03:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chkdsk

First time posting but I have lurked around for a long time. You guys have been a great help for us.

We have a Paypal checkout issue and I have searched these forums all afternoon and the solutions I tried still haven't worked.

Issue:
The user will complete the checkout as normal, they get the Paypal login window for username/password and when they enter their info it refreshes back to the PayPal Login screen (again) for the username/password information. If you enter your username/password again it just comes back up the login page for Paypal. There isn't any errors listed.

Joomla 1.5. Virtuemart 1.1 (updated 30 days ago)
- I've updated the IPN info at Paypal (not using Pro) and it all seems to be in proper.
- The Paypal info is in Virtuemart correctly as far as I know.
- I've tried other scripts for the Payment Extra Info: box under Configuration tab in Payment Method Form.
- If you want to see it in action go to: http://www.globalelements.ca/joomla/ and try to buy something and check-out.

I'm leaning towards something I may have screwed up on the Paypal side but I'm not sure.

There has to be something goofy that I'm missing and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

stinga

G'day,

If you your are on the PP site then this is nothing to do with J!/VM.

I tried to buy something, but I found the experience to be to hard.

I registered but made a mistake in my email address, I went back to change it it, that was OK, but when I went back to checkout it still had the wrong email address, I went to delete the procust from the cart so I could restart but got an error about a 'The requested URL was not found on this server.' here is the URL...
http://www.globalelements.ca/joomla/products-global-elements

I then went to to edit the address and got the same error.

The pop box for the cart is too small you have to scroll around to fill data in.
I carried on and logged on to PP fine. (I don't purchase)
Returning to your site left me in a small windows, the checkout cart window, that I needed to close.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

chkdsk

Quote from: stinga on March 22, 2010, 09:19:34 AM
I registered but made a mistake in my email address, I went back to change it it, that was OK, but when I went back to checkout it still had the wrong email address, I went to delete the procust from the cart so I could restart but got an error about a 'The requested URL was not found on this server.' here is the URL...
http://www.globalelements.ca/joomla/products-global-elements
We're getting that URL not found in a couple of other areas too. It seems to be substituting the /products-global-elements for the proper /index.php?XXX string.

Quote from: stinga on March 22, 2010, 09:19:34 AM
The pop box for the cart is too small you have to scroll around to fill data in.
I carried on and logged on to PP fine. (I don't purchase)
Returning to your site left me in a small windows, the checkout cart window, that I needed to close.
You are correct, the pop box is too small and we're working on that.

You were able to log into your PP Fine but didn't purchase? Maybe it's something with the PP address I'm using to try to pay with.

Thanks for the info.

stinga

G'day,

Yes, I could log in fine, but did not confirm the payment.
Stinga.
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

stinga

G'day,

Another problem. I forgot my password so I used the password reset.
By the time I got the email and read it my session had timed out on your site so it would not accept the 'token' you had sent.
Stinga.