News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

So now the error is with "Order ID not found..."

Started by shoconnor, March 21, 2010, 06:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoconnor

So now that we fixed the IPN notification issue, I'm getting this error sent to my email:

QuoteFrom: Best Sports Direct <admin@bestsportsdirect.com>
Subject: PayPal IPN Transaction on your site: Order ID not found
To: sales@bestsportsdirect.com
Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 11:53 AM

The right order_id wasn't found during a PayPal transaction on your website.
                    The Order ID received was:
I see its a line of code in my pronotify.php file, but how do I handle this?
Oh great and powerful forum guide me please.

Forrest

There is no order id in the quote you made, so I assume the order ID was not passed to Paypal on the initial transaction. Can you see in your Palpal whether there is an order ID recorded in the transactions?

shoconnor

The site owner has an ebay store. I set the IPN to send notifications to his URL www.bestsporstdirect.com; now all his sales from his ebay store and the regular site try and send an IPN through his site URL.

The reason the order id is not found would appear to be because the order did not originate from his site, but from the ebay store. VM is doing the right thing and notifying me that the order is not found.

What I need to do is separate the IPN's from ebay and the main site, but I don't see a way to do that yet.

If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them, in the mean time I'm gonna' call paypal.

stinga

G'day,

Is 'www.bestsporstdirect.com' the main store or not, does not really make much difference.

You tell PP were to return to in the information you send to PP, you can hardcode it PP and it is there for those shops that don't send a return URL to PP.
I would turn off the hardcoded URL in PP or point it at the other shop and make sure that you are sending your J!/VM URL to PP.

Does that make sense?
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

shoconnor

Thanks stinga, that makes a lot of sense; I will attempt the former.

My mistake came from enabling that URL when I had the "IPN TXN failed" message from the other day. Trouble is, now that I've entered that URL in the IPN notification area, it won't let me delete it without turning off IPN notifications.
My fear now is I'll be disabling ALL notifications from the ebay store and the main site.
If a little knowledge is dangerous, I'm a walking timebomb!