Author Topic: Add to cart not displaying  (Read 2052 times)

Jenni

• Beginner
Add to cart not displaying
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:15:53 am »
Hello,

My add to cart buttons have disappeared on my fly pages. I have been reading on the forums here for hours. I have turned off my SEF, I have turned off my Ajax add to cart, I have tried the addtocart_form.tpl.php hack someone posted.  I have no attributes added to any of my products.  I am simply stumped.

This is a fresh install using the default VM template and the buttons showed fine until I deleted my example products and went to learn more about how to do dowloadable prodcuts.  Now, the few example products I kept in the featured items AND the new dowloadable product are not showing the add to cart button on the fly page at all.

I just can't seem to find any solutions to this that are working for me and I am so frustrated.  Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try next?  I am afraid to uninstall and reinstall because if just deleting products and changing them messes this up, I need to know how to fix it if it does it again.  I imagine there will be lots of products being added and removed during the life of the store.

Here is the link to the store if anyone wants to check it out...keep in mind I have not touched the template yet so it looks really bad - I always get everything working before I install a new tempalte: http://www.generationaldiversity.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=76  You can see that it shows just fine on the browse page, but not on the fly page.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Jenni

Jenni

• Beginner
Re: Add to cart not displaying
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 19:08:18 pm »
Well, now I'm in quite a pickle.  I decided to go ahead and uninstall and reinstall virtuemart.  So I went to the admin and uninstalled all modules, components and plugins.  And now it won't let me reinstall.  I tried changing my php.ini file and that did not work. I tried to do the remote installation, but can't get approval for the dev area to even find the link.  I am basically dead in the water now.  I guess I'm going to try the manual installation, but some others have had problems with that so I'm hoping I have better luck.  Sure wish  I could get access to the dev area though.  I have signed up three different times and have confirmed three different times, but it won't let me login.  So I can't see the FAQ or see the remote link I need or anything.  Can someone help me out here?  Can someone check out the dev access.  One of my sign ups uses the same email as I used here on the forum.  Or maybe someone can post the remote installtion url for me? 

Thanks,

Jenni

mhestore

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 23:14:44 pm »
Hi Jenni,

I am having the exact same problem and after following your link I saw that you seemed to have found some sort of solution.

Any advice?

Thanks.

gyurltrini

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 15:34:50 pm »
sometimes in joomla when you uninstall a module, component or plugin, the files for the module, component or plugin still remain in the location they were originally uploaded to. So when you uninstall, you have to also go into the file structure in your webhosting account and delete the files manually. Also sometimes you have to delete information in tables in your database (although I doubt u have to do that for virtuemart - I had deleted virtuemart & reinstalled it without having to delete anything from the database already).