Author Topic: Homepage Routing URL Change  (Read 2050 times)

antwan_dpdk

• Beginner
Homepage Routing URL Change
« on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:55 am »
Hi,

I'v encountered a very weird problem. Googling and browsing for hours in the code didn't exactly help so I hope someone here has an explanation.

When I'm at the homepage and I click on a product with a SEF link "shop/details/119/26/category/product?utm_source=site&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=something", it changes in "index.php?utm_source=site&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=something&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53" without showing me the product detailpage (tpFlyPage.php).

This issue only appears when opening the website for the first time (a new visit) with products on the homepage. After that there is no problem and the product detailpage opens without a problem. For me it sounds like a session problem, I only don't know where to look..

When looking at the index.php file the URL changes in the "DISPATCH THE APPLICATION" and not in the ROUTER as I expected. I know this by placing an "exit();" after the different triggerevents and than checking the URL.

Does anyone have a solution for this weird issue because it's making me crazy.
I'm using VM 1.4, and this problem allready occurred after installing and tweaking all kinds of code.

Thanks in advance!

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Re: Homepage Routing URL Change
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 23:55:53 pm »
I don't fully understand you. Maybe a link to site so I can see the problem?

antwan_dpdk

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:29:03 am »
The website can be found here: http://viamio.dpdk.nl/index.php
Try clicking one of the 8 featured products and you see my described problem..

antwan_dpdk

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 15:57:59 pm »
I fixed the problem by blocking the redirect in ps_session (administrator/com_virtuemart/classes) on line 100..

The function cheks for a cookie that is not present in the first visit. The redirect makes you go to index.php?etc even with SEF url's on...

Thnx anyway :-) Hope some other people find this informatie usefull.