News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

developers paypal account login problem

Started by the_dinesh, March 12, 2010, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_dinesh

dear seniors,

m newbie to this paypal and virtuemart, i have created a site using virtuemart and integrated with paypal and want to test if checkout happens or not with paypal so i created test account on www.developers.paypal.com to test but the every time i tried to test with that given account name and password, it says wrong email or password, i dont know what to do? i dont have any idea? plz help me sirs.

the_dinesh

dear seniors!

plz reply if you know the solution of this problem. i will b very greatful.

jenkinhill

Make sure you have entered the sandbox account detail & email address in the configuration of the PayPal module in VirtueMart.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

the_dinesh

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your reply. you r reply has given me some idea, before that i had just created buyer's account in developer.paypal.com so it was saying wrong username or password, after your reply i created both buyer and seller account, then i place seller email address in virtuemart and tried again to checkout and when it asked for paypal address, i tried with buyer email but it still shows same message.

Am i doing wrong sir? or am i not understanding the process? plz help me sir.

I just want to test with paypal accounts, what sud i do? I have created test accounts in developer.paypal.com, now what should be my furthur steps sir?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

the_dinesh

thank you sir, your reply and suggestions have been very helpful for me, and yes i did exactly what you've recommended and it works too, i was very happy with all process of changing the $URL and trying again with paypal accounts, but...........

i am very sad that paypal.com doesnt offers services to my country so i got the message "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to", now this is new problem and i dont know what to do, m totally helpless now.

actually i am using virtuemart to my site and using the real paypal account of my brother who is in america right now, but first i need to test the account that's where these all problems came out, what to do sir? plz show me the way.

jenkinhill

If you don't have PayPal facilities in the country of your store then you cannot use it.
But if you do have a PayPal account in your country then just try entering that as the account to use in configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

the_dinesh

dear sir,
thank you for your reply again,

as i was stucked in "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to" this error so i googled it and spent some time and found out that simple changing into the code of configuration i.e.
"address_override" => "1", to
"address_override" => "0",
solve the problem.

I have tested the account and it worked. Sir, you may also know about this, but now only question i am thinking is, "Does paypal accept this changing of code and wont go against paypal rule?" "What happens if paypal comes to know about this?".

I am eagerly waiting for your reply sir.

and one other question, when checkout's last step, we can add extra note or comment if we want to but where that comment goes?
I mean everybody is talking about receiving confirmation email but i am not getting it? in which email add it should come? will it come to the email address provided in user's account in joomla or in the address which we have used in paypal in payment method in component?

plz clear my confusion if you can sir. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

jenkinhill

You just have to try with the changed code....

The comments at checkout are viewed in the order email and on the order page in VM. The order emailcomes to the shop owner set in Store/Edit store - in some countries this should be the same as your paypal email address.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

the_dinesh

dear sir, u have been very supportive to me, i am very thankful to you sir, now i think i have solved all of the problem regarding paypal discussing with u. thanx a lot sir. and i also have a problem regarding checkout process which i have mentioned in checkout section, http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=68300.0 if u do have time then plz check it and help again sir as i am expecting more help from u sir.

thanx a lot n lot.