News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Checkout skips payment method

Started by vtz, July 25, 2009, 23:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtz

Hello,

I am quite new to web design. I currently have paypal as the only form of payment (configured to my paypal email (business account), test mode off).
I want the customer to be redirected to paypal's site, login and pay me. Like so:

store -> list payment options -> paypal

When I check the "HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)" option, payment methods (3 of 4) is skipped during checkout.
When I check the "credit card" or "use payment processor" option, the payment method in checkout shows.

Do I have to install any special plugins?

Thank You.

aloyteo

i'm having the exact same problem too.

at checkout, the confirm order page appears immediately after the shipping page, skipping the payment method page. it is only when the buyer click on the "view purchase order link" in the email that the "pay with paypal" link button appears.

hope someone here can solve our problem. thanks.

i'm using;
joomla 1.5.10
virtuemart 1.1.3
host: byethost

test mode is off and account creation is on normal.

5W0P3

I'm having the exact same problem as well.  I bet its something very simple

5W0P3

anyone?! I  have the same problem on 2 different sites now.

5W0P3

I have noticed on the orders that are skipping - all of them - the "method of payment" on them are cash on delivery - HOWEVER... C.O.D is disabled in the payment list.

Joseph Kwan

For paypal form of payment method, the order is created before payment is made. Normally, shopper will be brought to paypal to pay after confirmation of order. If the paypal page does not appear after confirmation, you may have some problem in configuring the payment method.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

5W0P3

Quote from: Joseph Kwan on August 03, 2009, 06:45:51 AM
For paypal form of payment method, the order is created before payment is made. Normally, shopper will be brought to paypal to pay after confirmation of order. If the paypal page does not appear after confirmation, you may have some problem in configuring the payment method.

Agreed.  Buy mine goes from the "shipping" stage to the "completed stage"

I enabled ALL the pay modules and it finally stops on the payment page but it doesn't use the payment you select, just uses COD.  What am I missing?!  I know this isn't rocket science to setup the paypal portion - as i have followed the pinned thread at top here - but it's still not working.

vtz

I still haven't found a fix either

duderek

Quote from: Joseph Kwan on August 03, 2009, 06:45:51 AM

So is there no way to skip the confirmation of order & payment method? 

It seems to me that they can see what they are ordering at PayPal and that's a step where they can confirm if they want it or not by entering their payment info. 

Joseph Kwan

Yes. That's possible by modifying the templates and/or the checkout script.
Maybe someone has done that. You can search the forum or the internet for this.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

doughty

anyone figure this problem out yet?