Author Topic: eWay payment method - URGENT  (Read 6889 times)

vaszil

• Beginner
eWay payment method - URGENT
« on: March 06, 2010, 13:39:26 pm »
Dear All,

I have been trying to use the eWay payment method in the system for a while without any success.
I have already got the merchant ID from my bank and I'm already eWay customer so I have tried to use my ID for going live with the payment.
So I just set the status to No Test and tried to do a live transaction with a live credit card.
The result was an error message:

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment:
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_eway)

After I switched on the debug function I got the following error message:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'address_type' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_users WHERE id='64' AND address_type='BT'

I have already filled out my billing, shipping and other account information and I set the Payment class name: ps_eway and the Payment method type:    Use Payment Processor in the configuration panel.

Is it possible that in the meantime the eWay process has changed and the code in the system wasn't follow the changes?

It would be really URGENT to solve the problem!

Any response is welcome in this matter.

vaszil

fz22gq

• Beginner
Re: eWay payment method - URGENT
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 01:07:54 am »
I'm getting the same error, would love some help with this ASAP please.

Anyone got eWay working successfully??

fz22gq

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:10:29 am »
vaszil ..... i got it to work, i was putting in the merchant number and not the customer number, once i changed that it seems to have gone through successfully !

http://www.eway.com.au/Developer/CartsAndApps/Details.aspx?ID=e4570bf8-a8f5-4f09-8dff-ad365219ba0b

vaszil

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:45:03 am »
Hi fz22gq,

Many thanks for the info, but it doesn't work for me. I've got the same error message in that case, too.
Have you ever checked the transactions in the eWay system? Can you see them there? Just because if you get the "transaction was successful" message in the VirtueMart it doesn't mean that there was any connection/communication with the eWay system.
The only proof if you could find the transaction in the eWay system, too.
If you can see it, could you please send me your settings on the payment method form?

Many thanks in advance.
vaszil

fz22gq

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 12:10:55 pm »
Hi Vaszil, yes the transactions come up in the eway system. I used the ps_eway as the payment class name in the config area and credit card as the payment method type. Visa and Mastercard only and then added the Customer ID in the area required.

I didn't do any dummy tests i just set the trst box to no and bought a few items, both appear straight away in the reports area of eway business centre.

Hope that helps.

vaszil

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 13:46:20 pm »
Hi fz22gq,

Many thanks for the info and congrat for the working solution but unfortunately my one still doesn't work.
The same problem all the time doesn't matter what I set in the system.

I'm very frustrated at all, because I don't get any help except from you.

I have the same problem with the PayPal, too. If I use a discount I get an error message "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount."
It means that I wanna use two different type of payment methods without any success. It's a really bad rate for the VM, I guess...

Anyway, thanks for your help again. It's good to know that someone's eWay payment method just works well.

Cheers,
vaszil

PS: I STILL NEED HELP

vaszil

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:21:40 am »
Hi All,

It's working now properly.
The problem was that if you use the eway payment method in test mode for a while the eWay just put your IP address to the blacklist.
You have to ask them to check their blocked IPs list and allow your IP again.

Good luck.
vaszil

MartinF

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 12:09:11 pm »
Hi guys,

I've got a problem with redirecting to the eway payment page, everytime i completed the purchase and then click on the confirm button, it always went back to my index? It should redirects to the eway shared page for the credit card detail. Anyone can help on this?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

ianbush

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 01:01:52 am »
Hi, I have eway installed but it shows up options that I shouldnt have (LIke JCB and Australian Bankcard.

Does anyone else have this issue ?

Ian

jackiethian

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 06:09:53 am »
In virtuemart, click on list payment methods, click on eWay, Under the payment method form "untick" the unwanted item on the "accepted credit card types"

ianbush

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 06:19:37 am »
Hi,

yes I tried that, I even had the guys from Eway go into my virtuemart settings to check it, but they couldn't find out the cause.

Any ideas ?

Ian

radagast

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 14:39:29 pm »
I know it's ridiculous that i'm still using this version (and i'm still not sure if it would actually work),
but i fixed the database error (which was invisible until i turned on debugging) by editing ps_eway.php (version 2350) around line 186, commenting out the existing query and replacing it with one i found in nearly every other payment gateway

//        $qt = "SELECT * FROM #__users WHERE id='".$auth["user_id"]."' AND address_type='BT'";
       $qt = "SELECT * FROM #__{vm}_user_info WHERE user_id=".$auth["user_id"]." AND address_type='BT'";