News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayPal Shipping Address Not Populating

Started by shoomy, March 01, 2010, 22:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoomy

I've been working with VirtueMart for the better part of the past 3 months now and I love it in every aspect other then I can't get the Shipping Address to populate if a customer logs into PayPal to complete the transaction. I've tested any and all the different versions of 'Payment Extra Info' for the PayPal payment config and I haven't had a single one work. It ports the address information over to PayPal if the user chooses to checkout with a CC, but if they login to their PayPal account; all that is populated is their email address under the contact information.

Any ideas? A link to a foolproof config? The one I've been playing with is: http://www.gjcwebdesign.com/configuration-paypal-payment-module-virtuemart.html
but like I said, I've tried them all.

PayPal's Development support keeps telling me to change the "no_shipping" => "1" to a 0 or 2. But when I do that it comes up with:
"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks!

Forrest

My initial thoughts, seems like a paypal issue, though I could be wrong. From what I understand, PAYPAL is getting the shipping information from your site, but not passing it along when someone logs into paypal, correct? Seems to me, if you passed it in the initial variables to them, then that is where your site stops interaction, and Paypal is responsible for all other steps until checkout is complete and info is relayed back to site (complete/cancelled/etc).

shoomy

That seems to be what is going on here.. but the PayPal Dev support is absolutely no help at all. Has anyone else come across this recently? I just installed a brand new copy of Joomla 1.5.15 and a brand new VirtueMart 1.1.4 and still the same issue; neither the Shipping Address or the Billing Address are going through once they login to PayPal, just their email.. I also have two PayPal accounts I've tested this with, the normal correct business account, and my personal account just to try..

The not-so-quick fix would be Hack out any and all Shipping anything from Virtuemart and require an address to be provided during the PayPal transaction. This will require way more Virtuemart modification than I'm wanting to do when I'm sure there's a very simple solution..

shoomy

If anyone ever has this problem and finds a solution, be sure to post it for anyone else.. I don't have anymore time to troubleshoot this anymore.. In the end I just turned off any and all shipping in the Virtuemart Admin/User Fields and changed the "address_override" => "0" and "no_shipping" => "2" in the PayPal Config. So really now it just spits the shopping cart to PayPal and they have to fill in their info there rather than in their Account Maintenance spot on my website (Turned off all address related User Fields in the Admin). Works, but not real happy about it. :-\