News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"Disable Shipping Rates" button missing. Need to disable shipping

Started by mrmillmill, February 23, 2010, 21:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmillmill

Hi,

I have my virtuemart store setup for downloads and I have all my shipping modules disabled. "no shipping" is enabled in the shipping module list however when I get to paypal to finish checkout paypal is adding two dollars for shipment on downloadable goods.

Any help with solutions on this?

Peace,
MIKE

Forrest

There are many posts on this.
It is under VM Config -> Checkout -> Untick the shipping process.

mrmillmill

Thank you for your response. Your solution does not fix this problem. I have not found a solution that has. Weird huh? Any other suggestions?

Peace,

MIKE

Forrest

Ah, I re-read your first post. I think this is being added on PayPal's end. Check out your paypal settings.

mrmillmill

Thank you...Do I check those on the paypal site or on the virtuemart "store/list payment methods/paypal/configuration???" Where do I go and how do I check this? What am I looking for?

Peace,

MIKE

mrmillmill

Under "virtuemart/store/list payment methods/paypal/configuration" there is an area with some php code called,"Payment Extra Info." The only lines I see that mention shipping are...

line 7: "$tax_total = $db->f("order_tax") + $db->f("order_shipping_tax");"

line 19: ""shipping" => sprintf("%.2f", $db->f("order_shipping")),"

and

line 42 ""no_shipping" => "1",

Is this what you were talking about?

Forrest

I'm not exactly sure where to look on paypal... but I am thinking you need to do some research on paypal site.

first question tho: Is this $2 extra showing up on the VERY FIRST paypal screen? If so, likely this charge is being passed from VM, and therefore its a VM issue.

If it's appearing after the first page, then likely its a charge you have set in your paypal settings on paypal site.

If it is a VM issue, and you only sell downloadable goods, you could always remove, or set permanent the shipping charges in the Paypal config on VM site. Find these settings in VM admin -> List Payment Methods - > Paypal -> Config... see the config something like

"shipping" => sprintf("%.2f", $db->f("order_shipping")),

to

"shipping" => 0,

Likewise you might want to look into what
"no_shipping" => "1",
does with paypal. You can find these variables mean n paypal.

mrmillmill

So to find out what is happening on the paypal side do I just log into the account that the store is using and search around on paypal that way?

Your amazing!

Thank you

MIKE

Forrest

Please answer these questions.

1. Is your site only selling downloadable goods?

2. If you act like you are processing an order (like a normal web user to the site) and you checkout on paypal, does the very 1st screen on paypal show the $2 extra.

mrmillmill

Yes we are only selling downloadables. The very first screen when you get to paypal does not include the shipping. After logging in it then reveals the $2 shipping to the total.

PEace,

mike

Forrest

So its a PayPal issue... on the PayPal site. You must have some sort of shipping option applied in PayPal settings on PayPal site.

I suggest you login with the PayPal account and check out the settings. PayPal can help you with setting questions... this forum is not for that. Good luck!