Author Topic: Product search is not working - mod_virtuemart_search  (Read 18412 times)

jurdygeorge

• Beginner
Product search is not working - mod_virtuemart_search
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:06:29 am »
Hi

In my site, the Product Search [mod_virtuemart_search ] is not working. If searching for product( whether search is name or SKU ) it shows 'Your search returned 0 results.'.

I had gone through the forum and could see so many people have the same issue. Somebody get fixed it but they don't know how it happened and YOOsearch is not working in VM. Tried with SEF off and no results.

Site URL : http://rbgdistributors.com/
Attaching the module config settings screen shot.

How can I fix this? Pls help...

Thanks
Jurdy

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Re: Product search is not working - mod_virtuemart_search
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:10:42 am »
Do you have the Virtuemart Extended Search Plugin enabled and configured?

jurdygeorge

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:02:46 am »
yes,configured [attached screen shot] . But the product search shows the same message '
Your search returned 0 results.
'

What I have to do next ?

Thanks

Jurdy

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:24:46 am »
Is this a problem with just the mod? Or when you try another search on the actual search page you get the same problem?

jurdygeorge

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:28:23 am »
I enabled mod_search and that is working. So I disabled the mod_virtuemart_search temporarily. Once it get working I'll enable this.

Whats wrong with the mod_virtuemart_search. Is it a problem with module or my configuration ?

Expecting we can get it working soon.

Thanks 
Jurdy

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 10:41:22 am »
Might try the nightly build of VM, and upload the mod files? I use mod_YooSearch for all my sites, so I'm of no help.

jacarp212

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 18:50:01 pm »
I have this same issue. This thread says it is solved, but I don't see a fix. Can anyone help me, please? I search for anything and I get 0 results.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 19:47:49 pm »
This is not a solved topic. Use the mod_search instead of mod_virturemart_search.

tom

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 13:47:34 pm »
I had this working  3 weeks ago, and now it does work. I don't think anything  has changed.
It used to find products and list them with the thumbnail and prices, now it just says:Your search returned 0 results.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both mod virtuemart search and Virtuemart Extended Search Plugin.

i have Add suffix to URLs turned off.

Could it be a setting  in  the Products list?

UPDATE: it does work if i search for 1 or 2 letters ie: a or ab, z etc.. but no more??

tom

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 11:53:06 am »
FIXED:
i turned on  debug i VM and saw a mysql error:
500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=#

Fixed.
thanks to this post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=62207.30

in the Joomla file mysql.php (libraries>joomla>databse>databse)
I found a line which says:
$this->setQuery( "SET sql_mode = 'MYSQL40'" );
(around line 153).
UNDER this line I added:
$this->setQuery( "SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1" );

so it now reads:
$this->setQuery( "SET sql_mode = 'MYSQL40'" );
         $this->setQuery( "SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1" );
         $this->query();

blimey!

plant802

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 00:56:34 am »
Hmm..I have same problem - 500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 errors and this:

"...UPDATE: it does work if i search for 1 or 2 letters ie: a or ab, z etc.. but no more??..."

But the update to the mysql.php file did not help. Anyone else find anything?

plant802

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:36 am »
Also, below is what is being spit back at me. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

=============

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 25 SQL=SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT `jos_vm_product`.`product_sku`) as num_rows FROM (`jos_vm_product`, `jos_vm_category`, `jos_vm_product_category_xref`,`jos_vm_shopper_group`) LEFT JOIN `jos_vm_product_price` ON `jos_vm_product`.`product_id` = `jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` WHERE `jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product`.`product_id` AND `jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`category_id`=`jos_vm_category`.`category_id` AND ( (`jos_vm_product`.`product_name` LIKE '%Jazz%' OR (`jos_vm_product`.`product_artist` LIKE '%Jazz%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_url` LIKE '%Jazz%' OR `jos_vm_category`.`category_name` LIKE '%Jazz%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_sku` LIKE '%Jazz%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_s_desc` LIKE '%Jazz%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_desc` LIKE '%Jazz%') ) and ( (`jos_vm_product`.`product_name` LIKE '%Sun%' OR (`jos_vm_product`.`product_artist` LIKE '%Sun%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_url` LIKE '%Sun%' OR `jos_vm_category`.`category_name` LIKE '%Sun%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_sku` LIKE '%Sun%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_s_desc` LIKE '%Sun%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_desc` LIKE '%Sun%') ) AND ((`jos_vm_product`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` AND `jos_vm_shopper_group`.`shopper_group_id`=`jos_vm_product_price`.`shopper_group_id`) OR `jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` IS NULL) AND `jos_vm_shopper_group`.`default` = 1 AND `product_parent_id`=0 AND `product_publish`='Y' AND `category_publish`='Y' AND product_in_stock > 0

cmss

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 12:22:50 pm »
Thank you for posting the solution with the big result setting!