News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

UPS Module

Started by cinr11, February 23, 2010, 03:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinr11

What is the latest Vesion for the UPS module? I have 1.0 . Is that the latest? If not, where do you go to update the latest one

Forrest

That is the latest one, but if you need added functionality, you might want to check out UPSv2 by searching this forum!

cinr11

So you are saying, Even though my UPS module is Live Production. The shipping cost will not be accurate because I have to add another functionality from UPSv2?  IS it a code that I have to add? Please specify

Forrest

No, that is not what I am saying. I am saying default UPS in VM is kinda basic but works just fine, however it you needed more functionality, then you might want UPSv2.

cinr11

Would you know why than the shipping cost is 10.84 for a product that is only 2.34, Does that make sense??

Forrest

Shipping is not calculated by PRICE of product. It's calculated by weight of product.

Are you in fact in live production on UPS?
Did you apply some sort of handling FEE in UPS config or VM config?

cinr11

Yes UPS said I am live. I have 0 under handling fee. anything else that would make is so high

Forrest

We'll what weight do you have for that product?

Forrest

What do you have for the production URL in UPS config?

cinr11

Forrest

No, there is a URL in the CONFIGURATION SETTINGS of UPS. What is that URL?

cinr11

My site is live on the web but not on my server since my products are not up yet.

cinr11

Sorry I dont understand. I only see this
/var/www/html/clients/joomla15/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ups.cfg.php :: Writeable

is this it? I went to / shipping module list , than UPS . there I see ups configuration . There is no url . Only thing is

UPS access code     
UPS user id       
UPS password       
UPS Pickup Method  Daily Pickup Customer Counter One Time Pickup On Call Air Pickup Letter Center Air Service Center   
UPS Packaging?  UnknownUPS letter Package UPS Tube UPS Pak UPS Express Box UPS 25Kg Box UPS 10Kg Box   
Residential Delivery?  Residential (RES) Commercial Delivery (COM)   
Handling Fee   
Tax Class  0 (-none-) 2 (8.625%)   
Ship From Zip Code   
Show Delivery Days Quote?   
Show Delivery ETA Quote?   
Show Delivery Warning?   
Select Authorized Shipping Methods   
Shipping Method Enable? Fuel SurCharge Rate(%) 
UPS Next Day Air     
UPS 2nd Day Air     
UPS Ground     
UPS Worldwide Express SM     
UPS Worldwide Expedited SM     
UPS Standard     
UPS 3 Day Select     
UPS Next Day Air Saver     
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.     
UPS Worldwide Express Plus SM     
UPS 2nd Day Air A.M     
UPS Express Saver     
n/a   

Forrest

Ah, sorry, that was for FedEx module.

I guess it right then. did you try to do the same thing on UPS website to get a quote directly from their site? See if it matches your quote?