Author Topic: Prices not Showing Correctly  (Read 2826 times)

GPM

• Beginner
Prices not Showing Correctly
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:13:31 am »
Hey guys,

to re-word a previous issue...

Virtuemart is not displaying prices correctly.

jos_vm_product_price > product_price
is showing the correct value, but on the product page, the products are showing a completely different value.
I have no tax / discounts setup... And i have the shopper group set to 'not use tax'. i have also disabled "Show the price label for packaging"... So as far as i can see, nothing should interfere with my values.

For example, i have 1 product with some children (prices as follow) in jos tables:

product_price_id        product_id        product_price       product_currency
1                                1                       10.000                   AUD
2                                2                       9.3000                   AUD
3                                3                       13.950                   AUD
4                                4                       18.600                   AUD

But on my site, the values show as follows:

Product 1 (parent) $6
Product 2 (child 1) $6
Product 3 (child 2) $9
Product 4 (child 3) $12

Why is this so?

I really want the prices on the site to show the ones i enter at child creation / that are in the database... otherwise i mean, there really is no point to using prices, as they will always be wrong.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Re: Prices not Showing Correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:06:35 am »
There are a lot of posts around pricing differences. I suggest you rigorously search this forum 1st!

GPM

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:10:51 am »
I have not been able to find a solution to my problem, therefore i shall continue. Unless you can point to a topic (that i haven't been able to find) i would prefer you post some help, rather than point me to the well used search bar, that has obviously yielded no fruit.

Another part to the issue, i have discovered, was that the prices aren't showing up in the back end of VM either. When a new product is created (with a price), the value doesn't seem to hold... The next time you click "List products" all the products will be at $0.

This is driving me nuts, can i get some helpful answers, i can't be the only one encountering this issue - it's on 2 separate installations now.

I have also noticed that this issue is only effecting new stores on the 1.1.4 platform. I have several older sites that have experience no such flaw.

Maybe this is one for the dev team?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:21:53 am »
try this one:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=58396.0

There are many problems that can appear when dealing with prices, which is why I suggested you use the search, as you can look at the several options to check you have them set right.

GPM

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 00:18:55 am »
Sorry, that didn't work either. I saved a country for the store, and again, made sure i had no tax set up.

Still no difference, the prices showing up as nonsensical values.

Does it help that the prices are seemingly in order? For instance, in the topic you linked, the person had completely random prices. Mine are incremental, just very wrong.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 00:22:51 am »
How do you mean incremental?

6 = 10
6 = 9.3
9 = 13.95
12 = 18.6

I don't see a pattern. May if 6 always = 10, or 6 always = 9.3, but it's not. That seems random, although that is probably not the case, since code is not random.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 00:28:26 am »
Just by chance, have you looked an vendor info as well? Since all products are tied to a vendor, typically "default".

GPM

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 00:37:55 am »
The products aren't tied to a vendor, and there isn't a default vendor available.

Should i create a vendor?

Whats more, i noticed, in the Users control panel, i couldn't set a "Shopper Group" and there was also no default, or any options in the dropdown... So it looks like Shopper Groups is screwed as well.

I'll try changing both of those... Could it be possible the 1.1.4 has some errors with these installations (fresh installs)... and these 'defaults' and fields don't work?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 00:44:31 am »
I am using VM1.1.4 with J1.5.15, fresh installs, no issues with either vendor or shopper groups, but this doesn't mean you don;t have a valid problem.

Perhaps your install didn't go smooth on sql queries.

You can always look at the .sql for installation, and verify those vendor and shopper group queries are in fact in database.

Yes, there should be a default vendor upon setting up store. Try setting that up first, and assigning your products to it.

And yes, set a default shopper group with discount of 0.

That may just solve it.

GPM

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:34 am »
Weird,

i setup a vendor, shopper group... amended the tables to suit... and still no result.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 01:05:30 am »
Have you applied vendor to product(s)?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 01:08:23 am »
What do you have set for Store -> "Currency" and "List of accepted currencies"?

GPM

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 01:32:52 am »
I had set the vendor to products. I have Set the currency to AUD for all products, all user groups and all vendors. This is within the list of accepted currencies, and the tables are reflecting this in the database.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 01:49:59 am »
?? I'm out of ideas right now.

GPM

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 01:53:56 am »
Exactly.

*waits for a dev team to notice this thread*