News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal partial refund triggers an "Order Canceled" notification to customer

Started by quickturn, February 22, 2010, 20:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quickturn

Joomla 1.5.15 / VirtueMart 1.1.2

I searched some older threads that may or may not be specific to older versions of Joomla/VM so I'm starting a new one.

When I issue a partial refund in Paypal Pro (Website Payments Pro), Virtuemart changes my order status to "Canceled" and sends the customer an email saying its been canceled. This is obviously a problem. I checked the Payment Module and there is no option to set the standard response for partially refunded (or even refunded) orders.

Anyone know how I can simply not have Paypal change the order status when a partial refund is issued?

Thanks.

Ericc

hotelathome

Me to,though mine doesnt cancel the order, it changes it to pending. this is because of the setting I am using in Store>list payment method>papal>Order Status for failed transactions>Pending
I do get an Paypal IPN Transaction email like this and it changes the status back to Pending which does confuse my customers, but the minute I get this IPN email, I send another letting them know that they have recieved a refund and I just change the status at the same time.
There should be an easier way though.

hotelathome

There was a fix posted here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=36073.0

but my notify.php doesnt look like the one from the forum, it looks more like this:

exit();
                }

// UPDATE THE ORDER STATUS to 'Completed'
                if(eregi ("Completed", $payment_status)) {
                    $d['order_status'] = PAYPAL_VERIFIED_STATUS;                   
                }
                // UPDATE THE ORDER STATUS to 'Pending'
                elseif(eregi ("Pending", $payment_status)) {
                    $d['order_status'] = PAYPAL_PENDING_STATUS;
                }
                require_once ( CLASSPATH . 'ps_order.php' );

so I cannot work out how this fix might appy here.

toplandtrading

Also have this problem and it's confusing our customers, anyone have a solution? Cannot view the fix post someone else posted two posts up...