Author Topic: CSS background image path broken on shared hosting  (Read 13348 times)

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
Re: CSS background image path broken on shared hosting
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 19:39:08 pm »
analyze it with httpfox

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

yachzo

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 20:34:14 pm »
Thanks for the tip!

HttpFox looks like I will be getting lots of use out of it in the future.

I did find something interesting with it, if this means anything. It showed me some funny image paths, putting the directory of js/slimbox/ before my /themes folder.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 20:35:25 pm »
stuff like that usually happens with SEF
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

yachzo

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 20:46:46 pm »
This is probably for another forum, and possibly too broad of a question, but is there anything one can do to achieve SEF with virtuemart? I have sh404sef, which I noticed has the option to turn off SEF by component. I turned it off for my shop pages and the url for the page looks as if the SEF is truly turned off: http://www.caferacerypsi.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=1&category_id=2&flypage=flypage_tableless.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27&vmcchk=1&Itemid=27

however all problems still exist and they exist also on my vm component admin pages.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 20:52:31 pm »
you can always overwrite the vmart files with a clean version and see if that helps

BACKUP FIRST THOUGH
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

yachzo

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 21:07:31 pm »
Yeah I was thinking about/fearing doing that too. I will try to get it right on my test server first but so far im getting a few related issues on that one too. Im thinking another hosting provider possibly too.

If this means anything, on my test server (same provider and package, different account) I get the same funny issues with the bkground images, but on my front-end I am getting the add to cart button, and I got it after I turned on my sh404sef using the .htaccess (no index.php in the url). I continue to scratch my head.

I should also note that the admin side bkgnd images will work sometimes randomly after clicking apply on some of the vm menus, only to disappear again after selecting another menu item.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

donaldbane

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 08:04:29 am »
yachco,

Im following you from the other thread.

Same problem, the 'add to cart' and the ^ quantity image are playing up. The icons on the backend of vm (save and apply) appear and disappear. This is at the same time as the 'add to cart' and ^ images appear and disappear. Changed template when images not displaying - still not displaying. Im with Hostmonster, no Sef.

Following with interest.

yachzo

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 06:57:56 am »
It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem, if at least it helps me think im not crazy.

Have you messed with SEF urls on your site?

donaldbane

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 12:45:14 pm »
Have not used sef at all. :(

Im thinking about reinstalling virtuemart. But need to google a lot to see how that is done without having to put all the products back in. Might also update from 13 to 14. Then try different templates. Possibly shift to some free server. Have all these 5 things going on seperatly, and see what it is that cures it! But might take a week.

Both the add to cart and ^, and the virtuemart back icons disappear at the same time. 80% of the time they are there.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 15:45:47 pm »
you can just overwrite the files without messing with the products

You just download a current version, and FTP the files over
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

yachzo

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 07:41:31 am »
I decided to just link the theme.css file from my Joomla template index.php file and that fixed the images on the front end. I restored some of the images on the admin end by adding:
Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_virtuemart/js/admin_menu/css/menu.css" type="text/css" /> to admin/templates/khepri/index.php

I still have issues with the gray button background images on the admin side, but all the images called from menu.css are showing up.

This is still not a proper fix and adds extra bulk to the site, but it lets me continue for now.

I still suspect an issue with the way vm handles css files with gzip failing on some shared hosting packages.