News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

UPS Production key

Started by cinr11, February 18, 2010, 16:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinr11

My ups module is finally working. I need to switch it to production. I went on the UPS website and requested for a production key. I typed in my developers key, checked off Rating Ground freight,Do you currently use Czar or Czar Lite rates? NO,Will be you pay the invoice? NO since my vendor will. But it doesnt let me so when I click YES it ask me for  Ground Freight Testing Results(Rate Value)?? What do I do? am stuck here. If I say YES to pay invoice will they charge me also??

where do I go to get Ground Freight Testing Results(Rate Value)

lowmips

The UPS modules here do not support freight shipping...
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

cinr11

lowmips
I am not trying to do freight shipping. I want to use UPS Module for the UPS shipping. It works great with the development key but I was told that I need to bring it over to production. So I went to the ups.com to get a production key but they want the questions that are above. Make sense?

lowmips

Sure, but you shouldn't have checked any "freight".  There is no support for it in the modules, and it sounds like doing so routed you to the wrong page/system.  It has been over 2 years since I signed up for production credentials, so I can't give you detailed instructions on how to do so.  You might want to contact their tech support.  Tell them you just need production credentials for the rating service, and that you've already tested with your development credentials just fine.
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

cinr11

ok am on the phone with them now, They said they need the XML code to bring to production. Where is that?

cinr11

Lowmips,

OK i think am good. They checked and said that the rate package is in production. I think am good, I just dont understand how shipping for ground is 10.48 when customer is only buying somthing for 2.25

lowmips

what's the weight? have you set the module to commercial or residential? Are you using shipping modifiers? Do you have handling fees set?

Are you using the latest version of the module? If so, set the "extra debug" checkbox, and see what the module shows.  You should get tons of info about the weight, rates, etc.

cinr11

Lowmips,

First of all, Thank you for helping me. I will be selling wedding and baby favors so they are pretty light anywhere from 0.5 - 1.5. I do have the shipping module to residential delivery. I have the handling fee set to blank. The latest Virtue mart that am using is 1.1.4 . I haven't seen the "Extra debug", the only thing i see is "debug" under the core settings and "debug" under the debug settings. Are those the ones you mean.

lowmips

Are you using the latest version of the module?

cinr11

am sorry where do I check for that? I thought I was using the latest one which is 1.1.4. I think that is the version for Virtuemart. Where can I go for the module?

lowmips

in the store shipping modules list, it is displayed along with the module name and other information.

cinr11

Ok finally , It was in my face. The version is 1.0   Is that the latest? If not where do I go to upgrade? Will that lower my shipping cost?? Thanks again