Author Topic: Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)  (Read 2375 times)

CovLee

• Beginner
I can manage the process described above but but questioning: after the customer succesfully enter the data, how is the process that the money can come to me? can anyone describe the flow of credit card processing without payment processor?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 21:23:29 pm »
You will still need a "payment processor" but in this case it would be called a Merchant Service. They provide you with a terminal (PDQ machine in the UK) in which you enter the card details and other validation data, such as the customer's post/zip code, and this is transmitted to their data centre for validation. If OK they pass on the payment to your business bank account.

Most business banks have an associated merchant service section, so talk to your bank and ask what they advise, however it is very rare that approval is given to off line (customer not present) card data entry. Most banks will insist on interfacing the cart with their on-line card processing system. Whatever you do will be subject to PCI DSS screening.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.4 on Joomla 3.8.1 PHP 7.0.23

Testing VM3.2.5 on J!3.8.1

shashi

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 19:48:50 pm »
HI mate
I am sorry I could not understand what to do in virtuemart. They have given me a memshipnumber so what do I do with that.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 21:22:56 pm »
you have to have a payment processor of some sort

what is this "memshipnumber ?
I do NOT do development work for hire.