News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

UPS SHipping Module - Charges?

Started by zacharyrs, June 16, 2009, 17:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacharyrs

I have set up the UPS shipping module. My question is does the shipping costs associated with UPS once the customer purchases the product get charged to the shop owner's credit card? Or is this module only to create a shipping cost estimate, and no charges are issued at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lowmips

The UPS module queries the UPS servers for rates, and VirtueMart adds that cost to the user's cart.  The user pays that "extra" amount for shipping. 

What you sign up for in order to use the VirtueMart UPS module is not a "shipping account", it is merely a "development key" and "xml access key".

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

pmcnamara

I do not understand how to set up and use this module ?

cinr11

Let me get this straight UPS module I don't need to open an account with UPS. The reason why am asking is because I have an online business that my vendors do the dropshipping and they charge my credit card for taxes and shipping and I charge the customer with the same. But I don't want UPS to charge me anything since my vendors will be using their UPS account. Is this something I can use? I need help and looked at documentation and explains nothing!

lowmips

UPS does not charge anything to you.  When using the UPS modules, it is simply "Rate shopping" and returns an estimate.  Your users pay an estimate, and hopefully the real cost lines up with that.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)