Below is the current procedure, from UPS support on getting UPS Access Key for Virtuemart. After much run-around via UPS customer support I received the below and it enabled me to get a UPS accesds code. To make this go smoothly make sure you (or your client) has already signed up for a UPS account.
----------------- Email from UPS Tech Support below:
Thank you for your inquiry. The end user need to request the Access Key on UPS.com by following the instructions I am providing below:
To request a UPS Developer's Kit Access Key, please follow these steps:
Please note: If you have already registered for My UPS.com, go to step 5 after you have logged in with your user ID and password. However, for security, I recommend you create a new user ID and password for use with UPS Developer APIs.
1. Browse to https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit
2. Click on the "Register" link inside the "How to Get Started" section.
3. In the "Submit Your UPS Registration Information" box, enter your name, e-mail address, User ID and password then click on the [Next] button.
4. Complete the "UPS Registration" window then click on the [Next] button.
5. On the "Thank You!" screen, click on the [Next] button.
6. Click on the "Request an access key" link in the "How to Get Started" section.
7. Complete the "Secondary Contact Information" and the click on [Request Access Key].
Please contact us if you need any additional assistance.