News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipping Process Dilemma

Started by fstecher, February 05, 2010, 11:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstecher

I am using the latest version of Joomla and VirtueMart. My website offers a flat shipping charge for the US and Canada, not based on any special criteria. Currently I have flex as my shipping method, configured just fine.

Here's the problem: I was using PayPal as my payment method and they have the ability to purchase shipping and print shipping labels directly from PayPal. I just switched over to authorize.net, so I no longer have that shipping tool.

I have created an account on USPS and can go there to do all my shipping, but this is taking 10 times longer because now I have to type in all the customer name and address data for each shipment.

Therefore, I'm hoping someone can give a suggestion of a module or idea on how to make my shipment process easier. Since I'm using a flat charge to customers to ship their order, there isn't a way to get the built in modules to work since they are designed for exact shipping charges. Sometimes the shipping is a little less than what we charge and equally as often it is more. I only ship to the US and Canada, so I'm only working with two flat shipping prices.

Any solutions or ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Fran