Author Topic: HACK: Wishlist + Mod. Multiple wishlists per user. Share with non-users.  (Read 194400 times)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Re: HACK Wishlist + Mod. Multiple wishlists per user. Share with non-users.
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 00:22:39 am »
Make sure you turn off registration (set to no account creation) as well in VM config.

walter_moclear

• Beginner
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 00:32:05 am »
Great! But I am still getting check out step 1 and 2 even if I uncheck checkout in VM. Any idea?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 00:38:23 am »
did you turn off all shipping and payment options in the shipping and payment sections of VM.

walter_moclear

• Beginner
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 00:46:32 am »
Shipping tab: nothing is checked
Check out tab: Choose your store's checkout process is not checked, the first two boxes are not checked, the last two are checked but are in grey (like inactive). They are for step 3 and 4.
Should I look some place else?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 00:50:25 am »
Look under the "Store" menu in VM for "List Payment Methods" and turn them all off. Not sure this will work, but that is my first guess.

walter_moclear

• Beginner
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 00:52:21 am »
You were right! I was doing that while waiting for your answer. I made all of them unavailable. Now after filling out the form, I am going directly to the check out page with all the details. But when I click on confirm order, I get Error: Please select a Payment Method.
Do you know why?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 01:38:06 am »
Based on what I've now read, there is not an easy way to do this without hacking the core to turn off payment check. I'm sure I could do it, but I don't have the time to poke around. I would look at in this order...

1. administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.index.php (try that fist! I bet it's right in there and an easy fix with an if statement)

2. administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php
3. administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_order.php
4. administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_payment_method.php

Otherwise, the other way to handle it without hacking is to apply a payment method of Purchase Order, and change the language files to make sense... something like...

radio button: Send me an detailed email of the wishlist.

This is the only "payment" option, which is now not a payment option, so they can't select anything else. Kinda cluegy, but it would work.

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2010, 02:04:39 am »
<!-- WISHLIST START -->
<br /><a href="index.php?option=<?php echo $option ?>&amp;Itemid=<?php echo $Itemid ?>&amp;product_id=<?php echo $product_id ?>&amp;category_id=<?php echo $category_id ?>&amp;manufacturer_id=<?php echo $manufacturer_id ?>&amp;flypage=shop.<?php echo $flypage ?>&amp;page=wishlist.add_item&amp;func=wishlistAddItem" title="Add to Wishlist"><i><?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_WISHLIST_ADD_TO') ?>!</i></a>
<!-- WISHLIST END -->

That is the code shown for the product details page, but it is loaded via the
components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/product_details/includes/addtocart_form.tpl.php

Yea, I checked and that code is in my addtocart_form.tpl.php page.  So, the problem must be with the page that executes the code in the product details page.  What page would that be?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 02:21:55 am »
Whatever flypage you have chose to work with:

The default is:
components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/product_details/flypage.tpl.php

If you are seeing the add-to-cart button, then the other link should be there since they are loading from the same file (addtocart_form.tpl.php). But maybe it is off to the right side, and not visible because of your template layout.

Use Google Chrome (right click on add-to-cart button and inspect element) or for firefox get Firebug... does the same thing. You can inspect the elements of your site and their locations, css, etc. This will help you troubleshoot.

I would expect to see my wishlist code link right after the add to cart button.

You might want to add a <br style="clear:both;" /> right before my hack to make sure it does show up below the add to cart, and not to the right side.

Also maybe you are using a different addtocart_xxxx template which doesn't include my hack.?

-F

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 02:44:40 am »

The default is:
components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/product_details/flypage.tpl.php

If you are seeing the add-to-cart button, then the other link should be there since they are loading from the same file (addtocart_form.tpl.php). But maybe it is off to the right side, and not visible because of your template layout.

Use Google Chrome (right click on add-to-cart button and inspect element) or for firefox get Firebug... does the same thing. You can inspect the elements of your site and their locations, css, etc. This will help you troubleshoot.

You might want to add a <br style="clear:both;" /> right before my hack to make sure it does show up below the add to cart, and not to the right side.

Also maybe you are using a different addtocart_xxxx template which doesn't include my hack.?

-F

I think I might have made the text for my add to cart button white so that it can't be seen.  I'll have to go in and check.  However, for the time being can you help me with that other issue; I can't make any more posts there because I checked the problem as being solved.  The issue now is that when someone logs in and tries to view the store, they can see the store but for some reason it shows them as being logged out, unless they go back to the home page.  You can check out the site to see what I mean; I've already sent you the details in that previous pm.

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 02:58:54 am »

The default is:

-F

Ok, I reuploaded the flypage from the original files and the add to cart button didn't appear; just some other things did which I had initially edited like the availability text.  So, what else could possibly be wrong? 

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 03:28:29 am »
Looks to me like the form isn't being loaded. Did you enable a stock check? Or not put pricing in the price field?

These things would prevent the add to cart from loading.

I sent you a PM regarding the other issue (virtuemart.php)

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2010, 04:03:51 am »
Looks to me like the form isn't being loaded. Did you enable a stock check? Or not put pricing in the price field?

These things would prevent the add to cart from loading.

I sent you a PM regarding the other issue (virtuemart.php)

Ok, the other issue is solved, so thanks for that.  Concerning this issue, I did have the pricing off, so I turned it on and now I can see all the buttons for add to cart, etc.  However, it doesn't put the products in my wishlist; it just adds them to another cart.  Also, the reason why I disabled the pricing initially was because for some reason, unless the prices are perfectly whole numbers like 2, 3, 4, etc., they get screwed up.  For instance, $2.33 gets turned in $2, etc.  I think it's either rounding up or rounding down.  So, I disabled it for that reason.  Is there a way to fix that issue so I can get the prices correct?  If not I could probably just turn the text white so that no one could see it.  The biggest issue right now, and the last problem I have really is that the products aren't going to the wishlist for some reason.  Visit my site to see what I mean.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2010, 07:34:13 am »
Ok... looks like the add to wishlist works great! No problems for me... added to a new wishlist I created, which you can see all wishlists created in the admin as well BTW (a Wishlist menu item is available in admin for viewing all created wishlists and items in the wishlists)

As for your price not showing decimal places, you need to check your VMadmin -> Store -> Edit store and make sure the decimal places are set to "2".

Then you should be rockin and rollin.

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 08:05:04 am »

Ok... looks like the add to wishlist works great! No problems for me... added to a new wishlist I created, which you can see all wishlists created in the admin as well BTW (a Wishlist menu item is available in admin for viewing all created wishlists and items in the wishlists)

As for your price not showing decimal places, you need to check your VMadmin -> Store -> Edit store and make sure the decimal places are set to "2".

Then you should be rockin and rollin.

Ok, I just noticed that the wishlist function is working properly.  My  mistake.  However, I already had the decimal places set to two and it still isn't working.