Author Topic: HACK: Wishlist + Mod. Multiple wishlists per user. Share with non-users.  (Read 194404 times)

brickford5

• Beginner
Re: HACK: Wishlist + Mod. Multiple wishlists per user. Share with non-users.
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2011, 18:57:31 pm »
Great hack and much thanks!!! I do have one problem, when the wishlist is shared and the link in the email is clicked, it does not show any products to the user. The only time products are shown in the wishlist is if you are the user that created the wishlist and are logged in.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

esalvino

• Own the world
    • Evo88.com Online Music Shop
« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2011, 11:05:41 am »
hi
awesome hack! thanks
but why does it not return product details?
I only get the price correct but no thumb, product description, product name etc.
The price is fetched from table jos_vm_product_price white the details are fetched from jos_vm_product so my guess is there is something wrong with the get_product_info() function....

anyone else had this problem ?

I have the same problem, no thumb image, product name and description. only price and attributes ate shown. I realised that when I disable joomfish jfdatabase plugin it works but multilanguage feature is gone. Also when I remove from jfdatabase.php in last function $GLOBALS[ '_JOOMFISH_MANAGER']     =&  JoomFishManager::getInstance();  then it works but other content is not translated. I am desperate after 3 days of searching what cause the problem. I have PHP version 5.2.. Please can somebody help?

Forrest, thank you so much for this great tool. I'd love to use it in my website but can't figure out a solution for my problem.

I'm having the exact same error with this guys, I'm getting dizzy on looking for solution, can anyone point me in the right direction please? I appreciate it so much.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2011, 06:18:12 am »
I am not familiar with with Joomfish, tho at some point I will take a look. In the mean time, others had problems with my metadata hack with Joomfish. Someone posted a fix. You might compare the v1.7 version with the 1.7_multi version... for download here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=65697.0

and view his specific post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=65697.msg297783#msg297783

He makes mention of changing just a few queries.... do a compare and see what he did. Try applying similar to the wishlist queries.

fooman

• Beginner
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2011, 18:21:12 pm »
Forest, wonderful job.  This hack works wonderfully on a default installation of Joomla and Virtuemart.  Even on J1.5.21 and the newest V 1.16.  My website is too modified however, and your wishlist does not play well with Yagendo SEF router.php

I have spent too much time trying to get it to work, and I am finally giving up.  I see that other people were having problems with other SEF options, and at this point and the number of Google Indexed products I can not use the Virtuemart router.php.  However, Bravo for such hard and fine work.

It actually works with Y-agendoo's SEF (currently on the 1.6 version) - you have to simply merge the router file (the wishlist options) with the Y's plugins/system/yagendoorouter.php and plugins/system/yagendoorouter/com_virtuemartrouter.php files.

If/when I get time I'll post it here.

nyamdavaa

• Beginner
about adding wishlist without login
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2011, 22:31:04 pm »
is it possible to add products to wishlist without login (wishlist will can be saved in session ??? ) and if user wants to share own wishlist , it needs to login etc ?...

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #321 on: September 28, 2011, 08:26:17 am »
Sorry, this is not a session based wishlist system, and hence needs a user account. If you want a sessions based system, look on the VM Extensions site, you might find one. There used to be one:
http://extensions.virtuemart.net/

CranialBlaze

« Reply #322 on: October 03, 2011, 08:52:57 am »
With VM2 finally closing in on the finish lines will their be an update being released as i assume the current hack will not work, i have seen many file and structure changes
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #323 on: October 03, 2011, 08:55:52 am »
lol, maybe.

jdw

• Beginner
« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2011, 22:40:23 pm »
Trying to add social bookmarks to a shared list, using addthis i have put the icons onto a list which is shared BUT after getting the link onto FB, when clicked i am directed to the list of all wishlists as opposed just the one i linked to, from here i can then click on all shared list and view them and see the list of all unshared lists.

is there any way to change this so that the url generated is for only the list that the bookmark is set from?

I guess the way to do this would be to have the shared list's URL be the url that is used when originally sending a share invit but, i've no real clue as to where to find that or where to put it if I did find it...

Can any one help with this?

dksystem

• Beginner
« Reply #325 on: November 17, 2011, 01:02:48 am »
Did this hack is okey with 1.1.9 last version of virtuemart?
Thx!

jdw

• Beginner
« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2011, 19:59:22 pm »
Works for me on 1.1.9

chaesar

• Beginner
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2012, 21:06:50 pm »
How do I change the logout redirect destination? Which file do I edit?

gyurltrini

• Beginner
« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2012, 03:45:17 am »
does this work with joomla 2.5 & virtuemart 2.0.12d?

platzer

• Beginner
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2013, 12:11:28 pm »
Is it possible that a product is removed from the wishlist, when someone buys it?
Did anyone try this already?