Author Topic: HACK: Wishlist + Mod. Multiple wishlists per user. Share with non-users.  (Read 194617 times)

berserker

• Beginner
Re: HACK Wishlist + Mod. Multiple wishlists per user. Share with non-users.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 06:29:48 am »
I have a feeling this has something to do with the fact you are in catalog mode within VM.

Just for kicks, try turning off catalog mode and see if it makes a diff. Just a guess.

No, I had turned it off yesterday and it made no difference.  I'm using Joomla 1.5 with Virtuemart 1.4, would that be a problem?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 06:32:29 am »
1. Tell me what version of 1.5... is it 1.5.15?
2. Tell me what version of VM?... is it 1.1.4?

3. Please provide a link to your site... that would help. Txs

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 07:46:27 am »
1. Tell me what version of 1.5... is it 1.5.15?
2. Tell me what version of VM?... is it 1.1.4?

3. Please provide a link to your site... that would help. Txs

I sent you a private message with the details.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 23:21:27 pm »
Git it, I'll have a look. Got caught up with other tasks. Gimmie a few days.

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 01:32:29 am »
Git it, I'll have a look. Got caught up with other tasks. Gimmie a few days.

Ok.  Thanks for the help.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 01:15:32 am »
Berserker:

Here is a few things.

1. You do not have SSL installed and working on your server. My links to "login" and "create account" are set to use SSL. If you do not plan to use SSL on your site, change:
modules/mod_vm_wishlist/mod_vm_wishlist.php
Locate at end of this file:
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;page=shop.registration', true, 1) ?>" title="Create an Account">Create an account</a> or <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_user&amp;view=login', true, 1) ?> " title="Login to Your Account">Login</a><br /> to start creating or to view your wishlists.

and use instead:
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;page=shop.registration', true, 0) ?>" title="Create an Account">Create an account</a> or <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_user&amp;view=login', true, 0) ?> " title="Login to Your Account">Login</a><br /> to start creating or to view your wishlists.

This will take care of the server 500 errors, as it will stop the redirect to SSL, therefore staying http, not https.

2. I did not see the "Add to Wishlist" on your product pages, which means you don't have the product details file correct (or you have temporarily commented it out?)

3. Lastly, you will need to search for instances of JRoute within the entire wishlist hack files I provide, or manually go into these 4 other files where SSL is being forced to be used to remove the force ssl command.
Files are:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/wishlist.add_item
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/wishlist.index.php
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/wishlist.save_cart.php
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/wishlist.share.php

You will need to change the lines in these files
JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;page=shop.registration', true, 1)
to:
JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;page=shop.registration', true, 0)

Again, it's currently forcing to use SSL, which you don't have, and instead we need to turn that off (specifically by telling JRoute ssl param to be "0", not "1".

SO YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING ABOVE OR I have posted another upload available from first post of this topic with all files updated, if you wish to just get the new version with NON-force of SSL usage. It is version 1.3 also available here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=66530.0;attach=13786

berserker

• Beginner
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 05:33:30 am »
Ok, everything is working now except for the Add to Wishlist button.  I did previously edit my product description page to make it look nice.  Do you think messing with some of the dimensions and such could have screwed that up?  I might have also edited out the code to display the cart on the product description page.  What file would I find that code on for the product description page?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 23:26:28 pm »
<!-- WISHLIST START -->
<br /><a href="index.php?option=<?php echo $option ?>&amp;Itemid=<?php echo $Itemid ?>&amp;product_id=<?php echo $product_id ?>&amp;category_id=<?php echo $category_id ?>&amp;manufacturer_id=<?php echo $manufacturer_id ?>&amp;flypage=shop.<?php echo $flypage ?>&amp;page=wishlist.add_item&amp;func=wishlistAddItem" title="Add to Wishlist"><i><?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_WISHLIST_ADD_TO') ?>!</i></a>
<!-- WISHLIST END -->

That is the code shown for the product details page, but it is loaded via the
components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/product_details/includes/addtocart_form.tpl.php

walter_moclear

• Beginner
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 23:33:55 pm »
Hello Forrest,

I replied to your post at the very beginning. I wanted to do a simple and basic wishlist without having to hack or make big drastic modifications. I am glad to say that I am almost there! Now I have a nice wishlist that works perfectly fine. The only missing part is to turn the checkout link into a button that would send the cart content by email. Have you any idea how to do that?
Wally

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 23:36:37 pm »
Are you using my hack to have the wishlist or something else all together?.. such as my suggestion to convert the cart to your wishlist?

walter_moclear

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 23:54:09 pm »
Your suggestion to convert the cart into a wishlist was the best for my newbie status. It works great actually. Now instead of being in the cart, the user is in a wishlist. He can select items, no prices appear. I am now at the final step. In the cart (transformed into a wishlist), he has the checkout link. I would like the user to click on this link (no registration required) and to send the wishlist by email. How can I turn off the checkout process and get directly to the order confirmation email?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 23:57:04 pm »
If you are using the cart as your wishlist, then seems to me you want to turn off the checkout process (as you mention), ie disable all payment options and shipping options in VM, and turn off step one and two in the checkout config.

then you can use the Order Confirmation email template to remove unnecessary stuff (like payment, shipping, etc). When they hit confirm, they will get the Order confirmation email, but you can rename to whatever you want!

walter_moclear

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 00:07:30 am »
Sound terrific to be so close ;D
Is there any way to bypass the login screen and go directly to the Order confirmation email?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2010, 00:11:26 am »
Try turning off the "allow user registration" and "new user activation" in JOOMLA config "system" tab.

walter_moclear

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2010, 00:16:57 am »
I did so. when I click on check out, I am getting the following message:
"User registration is disabled, it must be enabled in order to proceed."
What do you think?