Author Topic: I Guess I don't understand the process (Payment info)  (Read 1342 times)

coasterdynamix

• Beginner
I Guess I don't understand the process (Payment info)
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:29:33 am »
Hi,
We have VirtueMart on our new website. We have having some major issues with it. Let me run down some:
1. This is the biggest problem. The ordering process asks for your Shipping stuff (good). Your payment method (We have google checkout and paypal), and then it goes to the order confirmation page. This is great, except when you confirm the order, it takes you to a 'thank you' page with the google checkout or paypal link at the bottom. It almost seems as if it gives you the OPTION to pay for it. In the 48hrs the site has been live, we've had 1 of 5 people actually pay for their purchase. How do we make it so you cannot complete the order before paying?

2. We get 3 emails every time an order is placed. Not sure why it sends 3 out.

3. In the end we would like to approve all orders through VirtueMart. When an order is placed it is Pending. It would be great if the order does not charge the credit card (or accept the paypal or google) until the status is set to "Shipped". Currently we have to cross-reference between all 3 to check to see if it was payed or not.

The first problem is obviously the biggest one, and the one that causes the 3rd problem. Does anyone have any suggestions (or links to suggestions) on what I can do?

stinga

• Development Team
    • Squangle ltd
Re: I Guess I don't understand the process (Payment info)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:56 am »
G'day,

It sounds like you have not configured the payment process correctly. I assume you installed a Google payment module and a paypal module.

Yes :-) Lots of posts and fixes for this.

You need to decide how you want it to work, charging the CC after the fact is going to mean you need to conform to PCI DSS since you are to need to hold the Card Holder Details.
I don't believe VM does this by default and would need a bit of hackery to make it work. Customer orders, Customer fills in details, you 'do stuff', set order to shipping, Customer is charged, Goods are shipped.
Far easier to take the money and then 'do stuff' and ship.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

coasterdynamix

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 17:06:28 pm »
OK thank you

We do have google and paypal modules. I was able to find a script so that the confirmation button goes directly to Paypal, which provides a bit more incentive for them to actually pay.

I did about 30mins of searching and can't find posts on here about the multiple emails (well, i found soem but they had no solution). Could you link me? Is it in a FAQ somewhere?

stinga

• Development Team
    • Squangle ltd
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 17:16:18 pm »
G'day,

You should not have need to add a button for PayPal, I didn't. It just worked with in reason, I did need to alter the 'additional info' box in the paypal module, in fact I modified it a lot.

The basic problem is that the email is sent when the order in confirmed not when it is paid.
http://www.b-planet.com/VirtueMart/paypal-patch.html
Try that, it does several things, I have not installed it yet, but I thinking of doing so.

Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

VirtueMart Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 17:16:18 pm »