News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with PayPal - Difference between manual and automatic status update

Started by giannispsar, January 31, 2010, 18:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannispsar

Hello ,

first of all i would like to thank you for this great component.

I have a problem that has to do with the update of the order status. This seems to work just perfect. When a user buys sth from my site and the transaction is succesfull (i use paymentmethod=authorization which means that the transaction is succesfull when I capture the funds) the order status succesfully changes from Pending to Confirmed.

I am using Alpha User Points to give some points to users who have bought sth from my site.

My problem is that the users do net get the points when the order status changes from Pending to Confirmed. The very strange thing is that when I MANUALLY change back the order status to Pending and then back to Confirmed the user will get the points.

I suppose this means that the problem do not have to do with Alpha User Points. More over i have read in virtumart forum about exactly the same problem but with an automatically generated email for downloadable products.

I have also read in some topic here that the procedure that the status order is changed from Pending to Confirmed through Paypal and manually is different. So, i suppose that the problem lies either in some paypal file or in ps_order.php file.

I would be gratefull if someone could help me because i have spent already many days on it and i cannot find any solution.

I am using Joomla 1.5.15 and VM 1.1.4.

Thank you in advance

Yiannis

mrsjprice

I am having the exact same problem with users not getting their points when they buy stuff. I can't even give them the points if I use your method of back to pending then confirmed. Funny though it takes there points when they purchase using them!

I have started a thread over at the alpa forum but got no response.

This addon is no good if it doesnt reward the points!

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0