Author Topic: Synch Joomla Users into Virtuemart  (Read 2228 times)

damianbunn

• Beginner
Synch Joomla Users into Virtuemart
« on: May 01, 2009, 20:57:22 pm »
I have about 300 users to import into Joomla. This works fine using USERPORT however the biggest problem I have is synching across to Virtuemart all of those user accounts.

I have tried CSV Improved but this seems to be geared up more towards products than users.

Is there a product or mod out there that can do this, or does anyone have a process. This would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Damian

hifist

• Beginner
Re: Synch Joomla Users into Virtuemart
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:31:38 am »
I have about 300 users to import into Joomla. This works fine using USERPORT however the biggest problem I have is synching across to Virtuemart all of those user accounts.

I have tried CSV Improved but this seems to be geared up more towards products than users.

Is there a product or mod out there that can do this, or does anyone have a process. This would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Damian

Maybe little late answer, but I do syncing using SQL queries. Our organization has webshop, where products are discounted for members, and registration is handled by Community Builder.

nunomsh

• Beginner
Re: Synch Joomla Users into Virtuemart
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 23:12:37 pm »
I'm facig a similar problem, importing 1300 users from the software the company uses. When VM creates the user, it also sincronize it with joomla users table.So when a user login he can use any module.
Also the table where VM stores the info of the clients as a field called user_info_id and from what I could understand this is the field that relates the users/clients with the orders for example. This field is generated by VM in md5,but if you create this numbers as long as they are diferent from each other, and since the field is varchar you can use letters as whell