Author Topic: HACK: AutoGen Metadata Metatag. Product, Category. Title, Description, Keywords  (Read 431192 times)

m.davide82

Does it work with the new version 1.1.7?

diastasi

• e-magazi the greek eshop
Why not? The update 1.1.7 had only 8-9 files changed, and those files has nothing to do with the mod's files

m.davide82

Thanks a lot  ;)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Correct, from my knowledge, all should be fine.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
on almost all updates you can replace the form files with no problem.

product.product.form
category.category.form

on the others, you can easily copy the code , and paste it into it manually

beachy

• VirtueMart Version: 2.0.22
I am trying to get the title tag on my product pages to be Product Name - Product Price - Category.

So far I have done this in shop_product.details.php

Code: [Select]
if ($append_category == "Y") {
if ($general_append_end_title != "") {
$document->setTitle(str_replace('"', '', strip_tags( $db_product->f('product_name').' - '.$db_product->f('product_price').' - '.$get_category.' - '.$general_append_end_title)));
} else {
$document->setTitle(str_replace('"', '', strip_tags( $db_product->f('product_name').' - '.$db_product->f('product_price').' - '.$get_category)));
}

But product_price is not displaying anything. I use this in flypages etc do I need to add it somewhere else for it to display properly?
_______
Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.22
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13
Hosted By RochenHost.com - MVS

mbit

i am using a title : Product name - Category Name - Sitename
but i see that  searching with keywords eg test  , sites with only that keyword as a title are ranking better .. whats the ideal title for a product page?

also does everything works fine with vm 1.1.7 ?

mark R

Thanks Forrest for this truly fantastic mod to VM, just a quick question is it possible to mod this to the manufactures?. (ie meta data is created for products and categories but not Manufacturers) as I have a manufactures/brand page to show all products from a manufacturer/brand.

Many thanks
Seek and ye shall find.........
4 VM sites and counting

elenajen

• Beginner
Hello, thanks for this hack looks fantastic!
i've changed some things via phpmyadmin for example banned words, number of keywords etc, but i dont see any change on live site, why that?

Thank you

dodibasa

• Beginner
Hello

The autogen_metatags_vm1.1.4_v1.5m compatible with joomla 1.5.15 version? VirtueMart and VirtueMart 1.1.4 stable version?

Hi Jano

Rookie232

Forest, is this HACK compatible with VM 1.1.7? Looking for something like this.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer

32golf

how do i install this - keeps asking for the XML file

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
It's a hack, not an installable module. IE: You ftp overwrite existing files for the ones included. I believe there r instructions in the zip file.

mmphis

• Beginner
Thanx for amazing hack, but i'm having problem with images. I'm using vmj naru template, it uses phatfusionslideshow plugin to show images. if product has no aditional images than everything is ok, but if there are aditional images, than all images dissapear. Hack is working fine, except problem when i add aditional images.