Author Topic: Wrong product showing upon click from nav - "Sometimes" - cache maybe???  (Read 1678 times)

elijahweb

• Beginner
I have read MANY cache issues on the forum, but I'm not seeing a solution yet for me. I have a Harley Davidson accessory store and there about 200 items for sale. When I, or the client goes to view and select products sometimes the wrong product shows upon selecting from the nav menu. If I click 2  or 3 times it then goes to the correct product. I have purged the cache and a few other things but it continues....my site is http://www.motordog69.com

I am using the hyperian template from rockettheme. Please help if you have any ideas. I have cache turned off in Joomla global Config.

My client is now out of patience...sorry... thanks for your help and I LOVE virtuemart by the way!

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Wrong product showing upon click from nav - "Sometimes" - cache maybe???
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:17:48 pm »
Try turning off the VM cookie check.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.8.4.10335 on Joomla 3.9.19 PHP 7.3.18

IanPA Norton

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 18:26:07 pm »
Hi - I have a similar problem, but not quite the same.
I have a category with 41 products in it. If I view them 5 to a page I can click the next page number and the correct page appears until up to around page 6 or 7. Then it seems to lock up and whichever page number I click it stays put. If I change the number of products to view per page to, say 15, I am unable then to change it back to 5.
If I inspect an individual product the navigation arrows at the top of the page work fine. VM cookie check is turned off.
Has anyone any ideas?
Thanks - Ian

elijahweb

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 02:50:22 am »
WOW, I think the cookie check was the issue...either way thanks Kelvyn...

GUY Gascon

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 11:04:49 am »
Try to delete cookies and cache

IanPA Norton

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 15:45:05 pm »
Thanks - I've tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. This problem is the worst kind - it's intermittent and unpredictable. I don't know if it's something I've done or if there's a clash with a plugin or something.