News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipping Module Error - URGENT

Started by AuroraDawn, January 09, 2010, 01:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuroraDawn

Hi all.  I am using Joomla 1.5.14 with Virtuemart 1.1.4.  The site with the error is http://basketcaseandmore.com

QuoteError: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 111210, Error Description: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

I worked on this a while ago and got the same error message.  Then I let is sit for a week while I was away.  Then just tried it a few minutes ago and was able to get through shipping fine.  Now I tried to send a second order through (same shipping address, same item, nothing changed on the site), and I get the error again.

I've read the other topics concerning the same error.  Our address is set up properly, etc, but it's still not working.  I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong, and have an EXTREMELY irate client because her shopping cart still won't calculate shipping. 

PLEASE, if there is anyone who can help me, I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate it.  I NEED to get this cart functional.

Thank you in advance for your help!

lowmips

which module? The default that ships with VM? One quick thing comes to mind..check that the address is not using 5+4 zip codes. I've seen other services choke on that (FedEx Web Services) and may possibly have some bearing on the issue.

Also, it would really help if you could post the XML post and reply (remove the user credentials before you post it) from debug mode.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

AuroraDawn

Thank you so much for responding, Reggie!

I'm using the one that ships default with VM.  The address is a regular 5 digit zip.

I'll be happy to post the XML post & reply... (what is that?  Is that the xml key that UPS sent me?)

Thank you again!!

lowmips

When you put your shop in debug mode and run through the checkout, the module should output debug info..part of which being the XML request it sends to the UPS servers, and the other part the XML reply that is sent back.
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

AuroraDawn

Thank you again, Reggie.  This is the message it returns:

QuoteDebug: Starting Shipping module: ups
Debug: Using the cURL library for communicating with www.ups.com
Error: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 111210, Error Description: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.
Debug: The Shipping Module 'standard_shipping' couldn't
find a Shipping Rate that matches the current Checkout configuration:
Weight: 6
ZIP:

lowmips

Well, that didn't help out very much.  What about your shop's address and the customer's address? Specifically, the country/zip codes.

-Reggie

AuroraDawn

The shop address is definitely ok.  For the shipping address, the only thing I can think of is that I just have a text box rather than a drop-down.  Would that cause any issues?

lowmips

more info please...screenshot would be nice.  what do you mean by 'just a text box rather than a drop-down'?

AuroraDawn

Here are screenshots of the store info, the shipping info, and the debug messages.  By "just a text-box" I'm referring to where the customer chooses their state.  It is a text-box, rather than the typical drop-down menu.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lowmips

I would assume the 'text box' vs 'drop down' is the issue.  There are two ways this can break shipping:

1) The user enters something other than the 2 letter code that VirtueMart/UPS are expecting for that field

2) The text box is not named correctly, and VirtueMart does not save the user's information correctly due to this misnaming

You could check the user info table to see if this is the case for the users experiencing issues.

AuroraDawn

I changed the state area from a text-box to a drop-down menu, but am still getting the same error message.  Any other suggestions?

lowmips

"Country" is a system variable.  You should not be able to change it from text to dropdown or visa versa.  That leads me to believe the field you have was created by you or someone else, and therefore is probably named incorrectly, or due to it not being a system variable is not being processed correctly.

The "field name" should be "country". It should be type "select".  It should also be a system variable (meaning you can't change the type, or delete it).  You've probably renamed the original "country" variable to something else.  Get rid of your country variable, find the original, and name it back correctly.  Or, if it's missing altogether, edit your variable to be a system variable via SQL.

lowmips

In case anyone is curious, we did resolve the issue.  Certain system variables were renamed, causing the shipping module to fail.  We renamed them back, and the module worked.

ctilley

I have been having a lot of trouble with this exact error, lowmips would you be able to provide the details of the steps you took to resolve this.

Any help with this would be great.

lowmips

In VirtueMart under "Admin", go to "Manage User Groups".  If you have renamed any system variables, rename them back to their original names.  The system variables are the ones you cannot delete.