News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PayPal Pro with Express Checkout - Component/Module

Started by beachy, December 31, 2009, 22:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachy

Hi Everyone,

I have got a small ecommerce website which is beginning to make regular sales. All my customers at present are forced to pay by phone or by using paypal. This is the standard paypal module which comes with Virtuemart so it redirects the customer to the PayPal website.

I now want to take the next step and let customers enter their credit/debit card details on the website directly and not enter a third party website. The obvious choice is to continue using PayPal and upgrade to PayPal Pro.

I have already got an SSL certificate for the website and the checkout is already working on an https:// connection.

I have looked through the Joomla & Virtuemart Extension directories and cant find a clear component to use. The one I keep coming across is

PayPal Pro with Express Checkout and 3-D Secure

Normally I would just try a component and make my own decision if it was any good or not but seeing as you have to pay for it I dont want to be wasting my money!

There is only one review for this extension has anyone got any experience using it? Or is there something else out there which is better.

In addition I aware of the need to include the additional security step enforced by card providers such as Verified by Visa, Mastercard Securecode and the maestro equivalent does this component meet these criteria?
_______
Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.22
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13
Hosted By RochenHost.com - MVS

zippygaloo

I just found this opensource module. I haven't tried it myself. If you (or anyone else) tries it, please leave feedback.

http://www.vantagetechnic.com/products/paypalpro.xml

beachy

Yeah I certainly would have given it a go but it only works with USD and Canadian Dollars!

Is there a similar one for GBP?

Thanks
_______
Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.22
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13
Hosted By RochenHost.com - MVS