Author Topic: What's the best SEF program  (Read 5119 times)

james123

What's the best SEF program
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:59:56 am »
Hi,

Just wondering what everyone thinks is best for SEF. I was thinking either sh404sef or Artio JoomSEF.

What are some of the Pro's and Con's for each? Also, which would be easiest to use for a novice

Thanks in advance.

scanreg

• Beginner
Re: What's the best SEF program
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 00:20:42 am »
would love to hear opinions too

artio
sh404
SEF advanced
others?.....

stinga

• Contributing Developer
    • Squangle ltd
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 22:37:33 pm »
To be honest, I don't like any of them!

I am using the last free version of sh404, it is good, but it is very bloated plus there are bugs in it, I also think it contributes to a slow site that I have, but I am stuck with it for now.
I want to pull it to bits and throw away the stuff I don't want to speed it up.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 05:50:49 am »
Ya, best is relative to what you are defining as best. All have pros and cons. My opionion:

router.php = easiest setup, basic SEF

sh404 = easy set-up, mid level functionality

artio = most complex, does the most

blans

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 00:00:37 am »
We use Artio...

I heard really good things about SH404 but also heard (a year ago) that it was going to stop support so I took no chances. I also use VM with Joomfish and it was a big struggle but it all works fine together now. As with a lot of Joomla and Virtuemart stuff Artio has 250+ functions of which most of us don't need 240 so prepare for some learning and bugs but I must admit, it works fine now!

The trouble with these SEF/SEO components is that if you forget one trailing slash or configuration setting your whole website doesn't work and more of these sensitivities. However when you master it, you have a very powerful SEO tool.

Hope you succeed... ;)

Multilingual VM Webshop
Joomla 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
Joomfish 2.1.7
Artio JoomSEF 3.8.2
CSVi VM 3.8.1

VM2 has the power of Magento and the usability of Opencart. I just can't get it to do what I managed to do with VM1 for so long...

najem-oddaja

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 21:32:48 pm »
AceSEF is good too i think. I use it and I have no problem with it...

mbit

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 23:47:31 pm »
 i use vmSEF but its extremely slow. i am looking for another solution , and i ended up in router.php but my configuration isnt right because as a result i get a url like

Code: [Select]
store.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=template_name&product_id=86&category_id=22

Ya, best is relative to what you are defining as best. All have pros and cons. My opionion:

router.php = easiest setup, basic SEF

sh404 = easy set-up, mid level functionality

artio = most complex, does the most

any samples of the router.php you use?  is it possible to remove some words[eg flypage-template_name ] from url?

edit:
my urls when i disable vmSEF - product viewing is like :
Code: [Select]

store.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=template_name.tpl&product_id=72&category_id=23
editing /components/com_virtuemart/router.php can change this result ?

TimU

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 02:08:34 am »
Another vote for AceSEF (http://www.joomlaseosuite.net) from me.
Flawless installation of the base (free) Joomla SEF component and easy purchase (US$15) of the Virtuemart SEF/SEO module.
It instantly converted my long shop URLs to nice, short, easy SEF URLs.

I've got mine customised (all via the GUI) to use the VM Category names and product SKUs in the URL.

The interface is mostly self-descriptive, but the documentation is easy to follow (and search!) if you get stuck anywhere.
www.Invitations2Impress.com
Personalised Invitations For Every Occasion

We custom design event invitations using your own photos to give an extra personal touch that your guests will love!
All our designs can be made to suit ANY occasion!

bobo70

• Beginner
    • olutools.com
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 14:41:32 pm »
Just wondering - pardon my ignorance if it appears so, but google in their seo manual I downloaded actually does not say it penalises non SEF URLs. The only complaint is that users will not be able to easily recognise the URL. While some other search engines might penalise longer urls I am not sure if google does as it does not state that it does. Please correct me if I am wrong
http://www.olutools.com ---Tools and accessories at wholesale prices free UK shipping