Author Topic: New Products & Categories Menu - J! Style, Suffix, Itemid, SSL, Cat Start, Hide  (Read 342734 times)

_Drax_

• Beginner
I've responded. :D

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Excellent... All done. Your settings were fine. You found a bug, so thanks for reporting. I am uploading v 3.0.1 right now to this thread's first post. Let me know if anything else crops up.

[MAJOR BUG FIX] 04-06-2012 -> download v3.0.1
  • fix: Menu collapsing when on level 3 or deeper, now fixed.
  • File modified: class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php
Mod update: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=64791.0;attach=48185

aalves

• Beginner
Hi. I'm new to Virtuemart, but i just love this module... I have a question though:

I have a TOPMENU item that is a VIRTUEMART menu link to a main category of my shopo named "CLINICA".

Is it possible to have a flyout menu from the TOPMENU when i hover the mouse over it, just like when using my category menu?

Thanks in advance

eag

• Beginner
hello,   

thank's for that, but  i search a virtuemart menu like yours, but i want to know if you menu can show only the categorie or products on current virtuemart page.
Because we have 400 categories and 42000 products. so when we are at a level like category, i want see only the sub categorie and products of that categorie. do you think t's possible to put automaticly the first level cat id on current id of virtuemart page ?

I'm from France and it's not easy to explain my enduiry.
for example if i go on the category with id 235, can it be possible to see only that category 235 and sub categorie of 235 and products ??

and

There is an update due out in about 2 weeks. It is suppose to do this now, but may be buggy. If it's not working, wait for the update.

there is any advance about this?

I'm in the same situation like @strouve.

It is possible auto select the current category ID?

thanks

darkelf

• Beginner
Ultra brilliant extension, found it as usual by mistake and works fantastically!
I am trying to create different submenus that appear only when the user selects a main category. Like when he picks Bicycle the sub-menu should show Mountain, Racing etc. and when he picks Car the submenu should show only Gas, Petrol etc.

Any ideas??
Thank you again for a really helpful extension.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
@darkelf: I'd need a bit more information? Where are the main categories being selected? In the same mod position? Or will they be in a Main menu, and you want this mod to show separately (different mod location) after the Main category selection.

darkelf

• Beginner
@darkelf: I'd need a bit more information? Where are the main categories being selected? In the same mod position? Or will they be in a Main menu, and you want this mod to show separately (different mod location) after the Main category selection.
The main categories appear as a main menu (probably left) and the dependable sub-categories as a separate menu (probably again left under the main menu). So they should be 2 different modules. User selects something from the top main menu, and the relevant submenu appears (along of course with the relevant vm page).
Thank you!

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
You can set the menu module up to only show sub categories by putting the "Level Start" option at "2" (without quotes) under the Module Parameters. This will then only show the menu at the second level (not main level categories, but 1st set of sub categories).
You will also want to make sure "Always Show Sub Items" is set to "No" under Advanced Parameters.
As I recall set, "Show Root Menu Item" to "No" as well under Advanced Parameters.

From there, the menu will show accordingly, only showing the sub-menu of the active main category selected.
HOWEVER, this does not prevent the Module CONTAINER from loading (the div in which the menu mod would load), as that is Joomla dependent based on pages. I suggest, if you have what I would expect to be a blank module loading on pages where no category is produced on Joomla pages, that you look into metamod. Use metamod to load my menu module only on Virtuemart Category pages with a small php script.
http://www.metamodpro.com/

amelcher

• Beginner
Hey Forrest,

Been using earlier versions of this mod all throughout my site www.redlinesuperstore.com and along with metamod ans csvi import now rank among the top 3 most used items on my site.  Since I had so many different menu variations already set up, I didn't want to take a chance of messing it all up with the most recent version so I renamed the module and added _new at the end.  I changed all references to that in the xml file as well as the 2 php files however I am noticing that some of the css classes from this module are now overriding some of the css of the other (older) version of the menu.  I also had the original one modified (and created into another version) that actually revered the listing of categories in that instead of having to list the categories that I didn't want to show, it will only show the categories that I place in there. (Needed this part for a specific menu i use in over 40 different pages on the site.) Anyways, to make a long story short, the new module is wreaking havoc across the other two modules (the vm_menu class seems to be overriding other menu styling).  I would love to use this instead of the original one I am using but I am not sure why I am having such a difficult time this go around...  :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Adam

Setko

• Beginner
I'm just curious, is this going to be compatible with Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2 anytime soon?

atranaz

• Beginner
This is the great mod i use in my projects thanks for Forrest.

Now my question is when its update for J2.5 & VM2.0  :)

Thanks in advance .....

RevoLion

• Joomla Covert Operations
I am also curious, if this going to be compatible with Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2 anytime soon? Thanks for a great module.

JJ

• Beginner
HI there
Im having troubles with this mod for Joomla 2.56. Installation is great but I dont see any settings I can change and if I publish it i get errors on my website.
Do you have an upgraded module/ patch to assist me with this?

here is my error:

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla256Clean2\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart_parser.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla256Clean2\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla256Clean2\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart_parser.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla256Clean2\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 29

AH

• Global Moderator
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.8.4
Please make this VM2 compatible!

Tis the best solution I have used for VM menu display!
regards
A

Joomla 3.9.23
php 7.3

syntalk

• Beginner
Please make this VM2 compatible!

Tis the best solution I have used for VM menu display!

+1