Author Topic: New Products & Categories Menu - J! Style, Suffix, Itemid, SSL, Cat Start, Hide  (Read 165584 times)

minou

• Beginner
i'm sorry but if i active new version of your module, i can only see a white page. i try both to overwrite old files with new ones and to uninstall and reinstall new module, but i got the same result: a totally white page

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
hmmm. I don't get that. Not sure what it is... not good.

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
[UPDATE] 04-03-2010 -> download v2.1
  • Another Major Update in Code; Not necessary to download 2.1 unless you want a "Flyout Sub-Menu".
  • You can view a sample of flyout here (left menu): http://www.staples.com/
  • All new parameters are for Flyout options
  • Option to display category Full or Thumb images of Main-level in Flyout div.
  • Includes 5 different image color backgrounds. Change in CSS.
  • Use CSS to adjust flyout according to your template needs. CSS help from me will be limited. I suggest you learn CSS if you do not know it. The Flyout option should not be used if your a novice to CSS and are not willing to figure it out yourself!
  • Fix: Added blank index.html files to each folder
  • Files modified: All Files Modified
  • Files added:
    • js/flyout.js
    • css/flyout.css
    • images/xxxx.gif (5 images)

Note: If you already have this module installed, you can just overwrite the old files with new ones so you don't lose your mod settings! In other words, you do not need to uninstall old mod and reinstall new one. Just re-enter the module via J! admin to check settings after copy. Save.

Note: Update download is available from fist page/ first post of this thread.

stocastic81

• Beginner
Hi!I install the 2.1v on Joomla 1.5.15 with VirtueMart 1.1.4.
It return this error =(

"Call to undefined function getshopid() in /home/carretto/public_html/modules/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 71"

Can you help me please?

(excuse me for my english)

Edit: SOLVED! =P

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
What solved it?

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Oooops, accidently removed the getshopitemid function. It's back:

[UPDATE] 04-03-2010 -> download v2.2

Note: If you already have this module installed, you can just overwrite the old files with new ones so you don't lose your mod settings! In other words, you do not need to uninstall old mod and reinstall new one.

Note: Update download is available from fist page/ first post of this thread.

bialabs

• Beginner
i'm a beginner..how can i have a menu like this?
http://www.offertecartucce.com/
http://www.staples.com/
http://www.ruggedradios.com/

now my menu produces only a list of categories

anyone can help me? ;)
excuse for my english

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Well, the first thing to try is using your template classes. When you get a template, usually the template itself has a module class that can be applied so your menu will match the template layout/theme. Learn more about your Joomla template 1st.

bialabs

• Beginner
i know something about CSS but to apply effect to menu i need a practical example. Now i have a Jommla Art theme or my website. Thank you for your interests

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
[UPDATE] 04-04-2010 -> download v2.3
  • Fix: Flyout Menu Error. Flyout pops-up even when no sub items are present.
  • Files modified: class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php

For those of you using FLYOUT... please note the flyout is absolute to your 1st parent block element that is styled as relative. You will want to a) style your Flyout relative to it, or wrap your mod in a relative div in your J! template. Make sure you apply a overflow:visible to this css, or your Flyout wont show!

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
bialabs, your Joomla Art template should have a menu class sfx to which you can apply to my menu! Research the template you are using!

Typically something like -menu or -green or-nav, something like that which you can enter into my mods "Module Class Suffix" and/or "Menu Class Suffix".

Otherwise, stying a menu via css is something I cannot walk you r through. There are many good menu css lessons available online.

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
Just came back from the Easter weekend to find major improvements in this module, Forrest you are the KING! :)

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
txs for accolades klutzon :)

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer

uglyfashion

• Beginner
Thanks Forest, you helped me get my head around the breadcrumbs issue.  I managed to find a menu item towards the bottom of my template, which indeed was the problem link.  I renamed it which solved the problem.  Thank you for all your help and your mod.

VirtueMart Forum