Author Topic: New Products & Categories Menu - J! Style, Suffix, Itemid, SSL, Cat Start, Hide  (Read 165088 times)

Fresher

• Beginner
its now ok. but i cant make it show products or categories...nothing is shown on the site..

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
PM me

uglyfashion

• Beginner
breadcrumbs...
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2010, 22:13:59 pm »
Hey you mention that sometimes old ids get used in breadcrumbs.  Or at least I think you do.  My problem is that my breadcrumbs are showing up as within a category.  It doesn't matter if they are actually in that category, or if I unpublish that category.  They still turn up.

Can your mod help solve this?  The menu works great but if I can get the breadcrumbs sorted too then thats a bonus :)  I tried to fiddle with the settings but couldn't really understand the category id/product id thing.  I tried publishing a new menu but I still didn't understand. 

Any help you can provide would be invaluable.  Thanks again for your hard work and excellent product.

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Itemid's are Joomla based... it's irrelevant that you have published or unpublished your VM categories.

You have to create a master vm link.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=68382.0

The mod can help solve some issues around this, but you must understand how an Itemid is used with VM and Joomla.

I am not sure how to explain cat and prod ids any better than what I did. Maybe someone else can explain. Each product and category has an ID that VM assigns it on creation. You can see this id when you view products or categories in VM admin. Using these id's you can control what is output, starting categories, etc.

uglyfashion

• Beginner
Thanks for your reply, I will keep going with this.  Your work here has been outstanding.  I have no doubt I will be back to ask further questions!  I think I understand the product/category id.  As such you create something new, it gives it an id for the sake of the database.  Sometimes Joomla! gets all confused when you delete an article and then create a new one, which sometimes gets assigned the same number as the old one, which then brings up the old article.  So I have had to in the past go into PHPmyadmin to change the actual article number to fix that problem.  So I do "sort of" understand them...

uglyfashion

• Beginner
ok here's a new dilema.  I have some categories that have sub categories.  For example
Air Filters
> K & N
> Green Cotton
Brakes
> Disks
  >> Black Diamond
  >> EBC
>> Pads
  >>etc

I only want to show the brands.  Some are on level 2, and some are on level 3, they are all the bottom level.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
I don't think so. You can try
Start level 2, Stop level 3, and then add the cat_id for disks in "Comma seperated Category Ids to Hide". But I think if you do that, it won't so the sub cats of disks. You'll have to try it tho.

Otherwise, you'd have to break it up into two menu mods, then use styling to have them look as one menu, which is possible.

Z3RatuL

• Beginner
Hey Forrest,

I was searching for a module that could use yootheme's accordion function and found yours.

Thing is just like gesci, I would like to make categories that have subcategories as separators (so the user isn't redirected to the category page when he clicks to open the accordion). I've downloaded the basic-version-for-YooTheme.zip but the menu doesn't show anything. Is there a problem with the code or something?

Thanks!

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
This is the exact code I'm using for Rugged. So I know you can get it to work. You might try specifying a Cat Id and start stop level. I can't remember if that was necessary, since this is before I released the first public rev.

lombiz

• Beginner
I am soooooooooooo happy I found this module but....
I get this error

"Notice: Undefined variable: sort_category in C:\wamp\www\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 128
class="level1 item2 parent active current
Notice: Undefined variable: sort_category in C:\wamp\www\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 128
">Golv&Vägg"

Does this tell you anything?

I have Main cat. and several sub.cats

Thx,
Peter

lombiz

• Beginner
Can hit module handle several subcategory levels?

It seems I have an issue with that.
BR,
peter

lombiz

• Beginner
adding to my posts above.
I have a site with INDOOR and OUTDOOR products.
My VM cat tree is like this:

Indoor
 - Tiles
     -->Granite
           -> several products
     -->Marble
     -->Limestone
 -Windowsills

When I set cat.start to "Indoor "
I get this error: before "tiles "

"Notice: Undefined variable: sort_category in C:\wamp\www\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 128        class="level1 item2 parent active current
Notice: Undefined variable: sort_category in C:\wamp\www\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 128"

When I set cat.start to "Tiles"
I see the sub cats under tiles and everything works fine.
Why dont I see the cat.start lvl?

Please help me ! I have been trying what this module is doing for days :)
Thx,
Peter

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
I'll take a look this evening. I must still be missing something.

lombiz

• Beginner
Thank you for helping me out !

Maybe I should add that everything works.
The sorting by "name" or "as ordered"
Menu works but I just get this error message.

Look at the jpg and I guess you understand.

Thx,
Peter

Forrest

• Global Moderator
  • Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Fresher: after looking at your settings, you had a Category Start of "1". This is for a VM category ID #, of which you had no VM category ID of 1. Default is blank/nothing, or "0".

Works fine.

VirtueMart Forum