Author Topic: New Products & Categories Menu - J! Style, Suffix, Itemid, SSL, Cat Start, Hide  (Read 343159 times)

toonztudio

• Beginner
Hi guys,

:D first i can solved my problem with " Store ID Override - Categories " and " Store ID Override - Products " parameters.

if anyone found errors like me, please do like this,

first create link to virtuemart store in your main menu but do not publish if you need (as i read from page 1, Forest explain this many times in this topics).
second, create link to you category:
e.g. i created link in main menu for " Make Up " category (cat id = 7), this menuiteid = 43.
then i created link in main menu for " Kits & Gifts " category (cat id = 8 ), this menuitemid = 44.

now i can create my mod_vm_cat_menu_specific module,
first i create " Make Up List " for list all subcategories and product in left side of my page.
i assigned " Make Up List " for Make Up top menu.
*** put Store ID Override - Categories = 43
*** put Store ID Override - Products = 43

and i repeat steps for my " Kits & Gifts List " but change parameter to 44
*** put Store ID Override - Categories = 44
*** put Store ID Override - Products = 44

and now let's test, hope everything goes in the right way  ;D

Thanks Forest for a big sweet module.  i really love  ;D

jose maria rondolini

• Beginner
Hi Forrest, I´m trying to download the module, but instead of the zip file it downloads me an "index.php" with messy code. Could you please check this?

Thansk in advance.

m.davide82

Thanks for your module, it's very usefull!

I'm trying it but I have a small problem... I used the override to see each submenu in each subcategory, but now one category, the last one, is missing in the breadcrumb.

How can I solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

cherokee

• Beginner
Hello.
Excuse my English.
I'm testing this wonderful module that would make any changes.
I want the flyout is displayed the name and image of the category. As in the picture. Can you? Any ideas?
Thank you.
Estoy probando este mágnifico módulo al que quisiera realizar alguna modificación.
Quiero que el el flyout se muestre el nombre y la imagén de la categoría principal. Como en el imagen. ¿se puede? ¿alguna idea?
Gracias.
Un saludo
Alberto

a greeting
Alberto

umasumeros

• Beginner
Hi Forrest:

First, thank you very much for your work. I am in way over my head with this problem. The template I am using has a drop down menu showing virtuemart product images. I downloaded your mod because when I create a product exactly like in the demo, the product doesn't appear in the module. I have spent hours trying to get an answer from the developer to no avail. I do hope your mod will give me the result I want.

The drop down menu has only 1 level, but shows three images for each menu section. I am not sure whether or not the Mega Menu module is in conflict with yours or not.

I could really use some help with this when you get a moment.

Thanks again

plobone

• Beginner
Hello Forrest!!

I've just installed the module(v 2.8) I've put it in the left column of my site and I pushed the preview button!!

I cant see my site...only this error massages:

Warning: require_once(/home/a6247602/public_html/modules/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific/../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a6247602/public_html/modules/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/a6247602/public_html/modules/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific/../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a6247602/public_html/modules/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific/mod_vm_cat_menu_specific.php on line 33

I don't know what other informations you may want...I didn't messed up with the parameters at all
I have joomla 1.5.25 and virtuaMart 2.0.0

Thanks a lot!!

AH

• Global Moderator
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.8.4
I think this module will not work for vm2.0
regards
A

Joomla 3.9.23
php 7.3

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
I've been out of the e-comm game for a bit folks. I'll see what I can do for time to reboot and get my hacks and mods up to date.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
@cherokeem a bit late, but I hope you figured out that setting is already in the menu options.

strouve

• Beginner
hello,   

thank's for that, but  i search a virtuemart menu like yours, but i want to know if you menu can show only the categorie or products on current virtuemart page.
Because we have 400 categories and 42000 products. so when we are at a level like category, i want see only the sub categorie and products of that categorie. do you think t's possible to put automaticly the first level cat id on current id of virtuemart page ?

I'm from France and it's not easy to explain my enduiry.
for example if i go on the category with id 235, can it be possible to see only that category 235 and sub categorie of 235 and products ??

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
There is an update due out in about 2 weeks. It is suppose to do this now, but may be buggy. If it's not working, wait for the update.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
[MAJOR UPDATE] 02-17-2012 -> download v3.0
  • additions: Too many to list.
  • fixes: Too many to list.
  • Files modified: ALL Files; New files added.

See first page, first post of this thread for download.

baljit

• Beginner
Hi,

From where I can download this module?

Thanks

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
Hi,

From where I can download this module?

Thanks

See the post above your post "See first page, first post of this thread for download."

tosscy

• Beginner
Hi Forrest,
thank you for your great module.
I cannot find out how to force subsubmenu behave the same like submenu. Like it is on http://www.ruggedradios.com/
I tried many variation but without success. Also changed templates. Subsubmenu is allways listed in submenus and not alone.
I use mod_VM_Category_Product_Menu_Pro_3.0.zip. J!1.5 and VM 1.1.4.
Thank you for your help.
Petr