Author Topic: Complex pricing structure needed  (Read 3471 times)

thefireworkstore

• Beginner
Complex pricing structure needed
« on: December 22, 2009, 23:05:42 pm »
Firstly I'm brand new to both Joomla and Virtuemart so trying to get to grips with the software, to this I apologise in advance if what I ask for is easily achieved. I've looked but can't find what's needed.
I also hope this is the correct place to post thsi requirement.
I'm setting up a wholesale site. ANyone finding the site will get RRP prices. Customers will need to register on the site and be allocated a trade account.
Once logged in as a trade customer they will see carton quantities not singles i.e. RRP 10.00 (inc VAT), trade customers will see trade price of £75.00 (box of 10 @ trade price of £7.50) ex VAT. If a customer buys say 10 boxes, the case price drops to £70.00, 20 cases £65.00 etc.
Hope there's someone out there that can help.
Thanks in advance...

thefireworkstore

• Beginner
Re: Complex pricing structure needed
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 14:44:00 pm »
I've ploughed on with this and partly sorted it out however I need some advice,I can set the product to do what I want per product using the various list price's however I have to do the calculations one each item independantly, but it's a set % discount across the range. Is it possible to make each product attribute & list price structure a default on the site??
Hope someone can throw some light on this.

thefireworkstore

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:19:46 pm »
Anyone???

Gavin Webb

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 00:30:38 am »
I also need an answer to this.  I will be selling products at, say, 250 units for £75, 1000 units for £100, 2500 units for £135 and 5000 units for £175.  I require a dropdown box that will list each quantity with its corresponding price, similar to the PayPal dropdown box function, with buyers paying for their products at PayPal.

lemmings

• Beginner
    • www.tropicalpalmseeds.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:30:26 pm »
I also need an answer for this but I have a slightly different problem/question.
I want to sell seeds. I sell packets of 25, 50, 100 and 250 seeds. I charge 1,50 euro for up to 100 seeds (eg 4 x 25 or 2x 50 or 1 x 100) For more than 100 seeds I charge 2,50. (eg 5 x 25 or other permutation)
I cant work out how I can configure VM for this.
At the moment I have per type of seed 4 products for sale but this is untidy and fills up the site to much.
Does anybody have the simple tip. Please keep it simple, I am not very good with sites etc.

Gavin Webb

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 15:28:37 pm »
I'm starting to think that VM doesn't provide this function.  If VM doesn't then I can move on and try and find an alternative solution.  If it does (and I really want to give it a go) then please let us know.

Thanks.

Gavin Webb

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 10:51:00 am »
Having spent a considerable amount of time trying to sort this out, I've pretty much concluded that VM doesn't provide the function I want.

Now, I only use PayPal as a payment gateway to buy my products so I didn't want anything too fancy from VM.  I've just bought the Nice PayPal Button plugin from http://www.trinitronic.com/index.php/Downloads/downloads.html.  It's costs just $10 so worth a try I thought, and I have found that it is very simple to use and appears to be working fine.

So, if all you want is something small, simple and understandable, forget faffing about with VM (or indeed any other e-Commerce software) and try out this plugin.

(And I am not working for these guys either :D )

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:41:43 am »
would something like this (attached image) be suitable for you

[attachment cleanup by admin]
A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.
-------------------------------------
http://www.nirmoysomaia.com

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46:09 am »
lemmings - use price breaks (see attached image)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.

Gavin Webb

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 13:58:23 pm »
Nirm - that is precisely what I'm after.  How do I go about it step by step?  Thanks.

Nirm

• Contributing Developer
    • Me, My Work and I
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 17:52:19 pm »
This is basic Virtuemart stuff - it took me 30 seconds to do.

Use advanced attributes - enter the attribute as Quantity and its properties - the actual quantities. set attribute price using the =£price

Gavin Webb

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 19:34:47 pm »
Thanks Nirm.  I tried it with attribute before but didn't put in the £= bit.  They are listing on the website, but all £price are displaying as £0.

cinr11

• www.mccreations00.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:35:19 am »
This is exactly what I need but where is advanced attributes?? Please help, I need a quantity Price chart just like this one.....http://www.perfectmatchfavors.com/shop/audrey/cheers-to-a-great-combination-wine-set.html

Please tell me step by step...Thanks in advance!

lemmings

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 12:30:59 pm »
@ nirm, I just seen your reply, thanks! I will try it out when I have some spare time.

lemmings

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 16:32:56 pm »
I've got this bit going, Thanks a lot...but: now i've got the pricing right, what I want is to be able to set a weight (or an ammount) of seeds so that the shipping is less than 100 seeds 1,50, more than 100 seeds 2,50.
Example: a client buys 2x  25 seeds for 1,95, shipping = 1,50.
Then also or 2 x 50 for 3,75. the shipping should be 2,50 but it's not. VM sees it as 4 units of 25 and therefor 4 x 25 =100 seeds

I hope I am clear here, I find it hard to put down on text.

I hope someone can help me here, thanks Nirm for the first bit!